invert switch - straight thrown position

applor

invert switch - straight thrown position

Post by applor » 22.10.2018, 23:51

Hi everyone,

I have attached my plan and I am referring to switch E3-4 which is shown as a left switch but it is actually a right switch.
Switch E3-4 needs straight and thrown positions reversed but you can see from my plan that it would be very difficult to change it by replacing the switch as everything else would need changing and it would be visually cluttered.

I have read the documentation and found no solution - I want to invert switch E3-4 straight and thrown position - is this possible?
The invert option in interface does not change the visual representation so that the yellow line sits in the thrown position (which is actually straight) in default state.
Having the switch represented correctly in relation to straight/thrown will avoid mistakes and confusion when programming routes.

I have also attached a picture of the actual track plan so you can see what it really looks like and how E3-4 is actually a left switch but due to rocrail track plan design I had to build it as a right switch.
Attachments
track.jpg
actual track plan design
Danbulla.xml
rocrail plan
(501.77 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

smitt48

Re: invert switch - straight thrown position

Post by smitt48 » 23.10.2018, 00:08

Hi Eric,

I am not sure, but you could try the invert option.
Switch E3-4 ->Interface->checkbox by INVERT.
https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sw ... -en#invert

Tom

applor

Post by applor » 23.10.2018, 05:01

Hi Tom thanks for your reply but as mentioned in the OP the invert option just swaps the wiring virtually but does not change the actual representation of straight/thrown on the plan.

LDG
Site Admin

Post by LDG » 23.10.2018, 11:06

Hi Eric,

perhaps "swap straight" is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Lothar

PaulXpress

Post by PaulXpress » 23.10.2018, 13:11

Hello Eric,

You may be looking for a problem where there is none, with Rocrail a switch is straight or turnout, it does not matter for him whether it is right or left, the svg is only a graphic representation. I have the same situation as you and it works without problems.

Cordialement,

Jean-Paul

Eriko

Post by Eriko » 24.10.2018, 17:36

Well there is a small difference. (Depending on the settings.)
Train will automatically slowdown for turned switches.

The the definition of straight and turned for a certain switch can be swapped:
LDG wrote:Hi Eric,

perhaps "swap straight" is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Lothar
Greetings, Erik

applor

Post by applor » 25.10.2018, 00:37

Hi Lothar,

I tried 'swap straight' on the demo plan and it did not work - by that I mean if I select Command and choose straight or thrown, they are not swapped.
I am not sure what that option does or if I don't understand the description properly.

As Eriko advised, there I need to change this because trains slow down for turnouts in thrown position

cds

Post by cds » 25.10.2018, 08:37

Hello Eric!

What is the goal to be achieved?
I guess that E3-4 shall logically react as straight when graphically thrown and vice versa. Right? In order to achieve this Lothar's tip ("swap straight") is appropriate. The function changes the behaviour of the switch: when the switch is graphically shown straight it behaves logically as thrown (the speed is reduced) and vice versa.

Generally you might consider speed setting for each point in the route command definition.

applor

Post by applor » 26.10.2018, 04:49

Hello Claus,

The goal is to have the switch graphically (and logically) react as thrown when straight and vice versa.
This is because I must use a right turnout in the Rocrail plan, despite the turnout actually being left.

If swap straight will do it logically at least that will help, I hoped it would also swap graphically - in that I mean if I set it to straight it will graphically appear to be thrown and logically behave as straight so that speed is not reduced.

From this discussion it does not appear that is possible and so I must either modify my rocrail plan so that a left turnout can be used instead of the right, or use 'swap straight' and remember that the straight/thrown commands are opposite.

Eriko

Post by Eriko » 10.11.2018, 07:17

Ah, now I see

Unfortunately graphically it is not possible indeed.
Normally you need it only while setting the switch commands in the routes.
I think remembering that the straight/thrown commands are opposite for those switches is the most easy approach.

Greetings, Erik

Return to “General”