roundhouse doors - switch object? Topic is solved

applor

roundhouse doors - switch object?

Post by applor » 11.01.2019, 02:33

Hello,

I am looking to implement my roundhouse/shed doors on my plan. They are controlled by an ESU servo with 2 outputs (open + closed)

I was going to use an accessory but these only allow one output - so I would need to add two on the plan, taking up extra space.

Otherwise I could add a switch but there is no graphic other than a turnout so it would be confusing - am I right that I could work around this by creating a svg theme or something? (not that I have any idea how to do that yet)

Look forward to hearing some solutions. I have attached my plan for reference. You can see the turntable and accessories I already added.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

peter&basti

Re: roundhouse doors - switch object?

Post by peter&basti » 11.01.2019, 09:28

Good morning Eric,

interesting point because i have planned to do it similar in future, operating the shed doors with 2 servos.
A 2nd servo seems to be cheaper and more reliable as a mechanic solution to drive 2 doors with 1 servo.

My thought on this until now (just planned, not tested):

1. placing a switch object in the plan for the door. Therefore i created accessory #20 in the SLIM-COLOR Theme to have a look more like a door than a switch.
This will adress the 1st servo
2. using a hidden switch object for the 2nd servo with the 2nd address. So i am able to adjust both servos individually in the Rocnet PI03 dialog (i am using this type of hardware to drive servos)
3. the visible object becomes a action to trigger the invisible object.

With this setup both doors shall turning together, but this is maybe the same you want to do.

You can put the additional (hidden) switches anywhere in the plan and deselect the "Show" option
https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=switch-gen-en#show

Schorse

Post by Schorse » 11.01.2019, 10:42

Hi Eric,
I was going to use an accessory but these only allow one output - so I would need to add two on the plan, taking up extra space.
Set the output as a turnout as shown in the picture
Switch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

applor

Post by applor » 12.01.2019, 05:31

Thanks for replying Peter and Gerd.

Gerd your answer was correct - thanks!

Peter, I think you may have mis-understood - I am only using one servo per door which has one address but it has two outputs like a switch. Outputs as standard are one address one output.
As Gerd answered, if you choose the switch option it changes the Output to two outputs for the one address (red and green gate)

Return to “General”