[Fixed] Rocweb/xs not updating with Modular Plan MTGN

Moderator: Moderators

[Fixed] Rocweb/xs not updating with Modular Plan MTGN

Postby rvooyen » 27.01.2018, 15:03

Hi,

I have created an issue.zip for the fact that rocweb/xs is not being updated by the modular plan MTGN I have.

If I use andRoc, all is ok. If I use Rocweb then also all is ok. Only the XS is not updating.

I have tried many times including refresh and also complete reinstall of Rocrail.

On other plans (Not modular) then the XS does seem to be updating.

Regards,

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rvooyen on 29.01.2018, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Re: [Issue] Rocweb/xs not updating with Modular Plan MTGN

Postby rvooyen » 28.01.2018, 18:06

Further info:

Additionally the Rocweb function does not display the module plan fully - all active items, turnouts, signs and sensors are mssing from the display plan in Rocweb.

So there seem to be issues with a (combined) module plans and Rocweb and RocwebXS.

A standard plan works with all (andRoc, Rocweb and XS)
A base module plan (Single module) works with andRoc (showing the plan), Rocweb does not show the plan (only some text), XS is being updated.
A Combined module plan works in andRoc, Rocweb again only shows some text and XS is not updated at all.

As I wish to get Rocrail going with the MTG Module club and wish to allow wireless operation, I need Rocweb and XS to work correctly, at present only Rocview and andRoc display everything correctly.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rvooyen » 28.01.2018, 18:46

Further info:

I have two phones exactly the same - one without SIM one with (my active phone) - Samsung S3 Neo.
The one without SIM is not usually active - is in my train room as throttle so it does not have all the most recent updates.

I have both phones next to each other - one with XS does update!! (The one w/o SIM) - it is running Firefox 57.0.4
The one with SIM and with Firefox updated to 58.0 does NOT update using XS??? (Modular plan)

I have both phones set to the same settings. This is way beyond me. I hope Firefox has not screwed up their update.

So I come back to the same feeling I have always had and that andRoc is terrific and always works and Rocweb works some of the time but is much too dependent on the (current type and update) browser being used.

Rocweb in all cases is not showing the combined modular plan.
XS not updating seems related to the browser version, maybe?????

Enough on this already - hope it will work one day.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby hermannk » 28.01.2018, 19:18

Hi Robert,
please study the wiki:
- you are using port 8090
-- the wiki says: use port 8088; (OK, that may not be important)
- you leave out any SVG path definition for RocWeb; (bad stuff)
-- the wiki says: fill out "Theme 1" and Theme 2" with paths to "SpDrS60" and "Accessories"
Restart rocrail after that change and you may be happy.
Hermann
[Spur N] [Mac OS X] [Raspberry Pi 2 B] [OpenDCC GBM-Master, GBM16T] [OneControl + BiDiBone] [Rocweb]
hermannk

Postby rvooyen » 28.01.2018, 20:45

Thanks Herman, I added the themes like I had in the main plan, I forgot to add them to the new plans. DUMMY ME!!!

So now Rocweb is working OK for all plans. However:

XS is still not updating for the MTGN Modular plan. XS starts with it's standard screen and does nothing. The loclist is not filled and no settings are changed - it does nothing.

So the issue remains Rocweb/XS does not update for the Modular plan.

XS works with standard plans.
XS works with a single module plan.
XS does not update when a combined modular plan is started. At least I cannot get it to update.

Here a screenshot showing XS with no update.
XSnoupdate.jpg

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby hermannk » 28.01.2018, 23:34

Hi Robert,
there is a hint in the wiki, saying you have to setup the image path (better to say a "image full path"):
"...The images of locs, wagons etc. are only displayed in rocweb, if the image path in rocrail setup is correctly (2) defined. ..."

And a second hint saying:
"...(2) The path must be achievable from the server..."

I would say, in case of RocwebXS I would expand the "full path" and the "achievablility" to all paths of the setup (loco path, images path, ...).

I run this successfully with RocwebXS and my standard plans, but I am not able to make RocwebXS running with your module plan.
@Robert: please generate a new issue;
@Rob (Versluis): please assist - thank you.
My test surrounding:
- Rocrail 13449,
- macOS 10.12.6, Safari (Rocweb OK and RocwebXS empty loclist);
- iOS 11.2.2, Safari (Rocweb OK and RocwebXS empty loclist);
- issue from Robert
Hermann
[Spur N] [Mac OS X] [Raspberry Pi 2 B] [OpenDCC GBM-Master, GBM16T] [OneControl + BiDiBone] [Rocweb]
hermannk

Postby rjversluis » 29.01.2018, 07:43

Hi Robert,

I will check this behaviour today.

PS: I can confirm: Rocweb XS does not support modular layouts.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 29.01.2018, 08:32

Hi Robert,

I just fixed it.

You can replace the rocweb.js or wait until the nightly build of tomorrow.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rvooyen » 29.01.2018, 10:18

All OK now!

Thanks, :beer:

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Return to Modular Layout Support