Loc decoder behaves different with XpressNet and Rocrail

http://www.opendcc.de
http://www.bidib.org
_saiko

Loc decoder behaves different with XpressNet and Rocrail

Post by _saiko » 05.02.2012, 13:17

Hi,

One of my locs behaves a bit strange when being controlled via Rocrail.
Its a Roco ICE model that had a preinstalled decoder. It's impossible to read its CV values 7 and 8 in order to see the manufacturer and version (rather limited set of CVs to read/set on this decoder, or perhaps it's faulty).
The OpenDCC is in p50/x mode and with latest sw.

When controlled by MM via XpressNet adapter on OpenDCC it behaves as it should.
When controlled via rocrail, there is a problem with function control, eg. lights can be enabled but not disabled. Upon disabling lights, there is a one time blinking on the loc and the light stays on. Afterwards if another command is given to the loc, the light gets turned off.
Also sometimes the light gets turned on if the horn feature is activated.

Other locs are behaving properly on both controllers.
I checked if I am using the right protocol or missed a setting, but am unsuccessfull thusfar.
Hopefully this can be resolved.

Thanks

Best regards

Besra

Post by Besra » 05.02.2012, 13:50

Hi,

problems with lights (F0) are often related to the number of speed steps of the decoder and controller respectively. Make sure the number of speed steps is set to identical values in both the loco and the controller / Rocrail. If you are not sure about the speed steps (or cannot read CV29) you will have to try, e. g. 14, 28, 128.

Best regards
Besra

_saiko

Post by _saiko » 05.02.2012, 14:32

Hi,

I am aware of the issue and I checked that already.
CV29 reads 6, so 28/128 is used.
MM has 28 SS and Rocrail has also 28 decoder steps configured.

I'm attaching a trace file where I enabled/disabled lights on the said loco first via MM, then via Rocrail.

Regards
_saiko

Edit: works properly with TrainController (v5.5). I didn't see any setting for speed steps in TC tho..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “OpenDCC & BiDiB”