Finder settings wiki

Eriko

Finder settings wiki

Post by Eriko » 16.12.2017, 22:19

Hi

With updating the Dutch wiki from the English wiki I come sometimes across parts where the explanations are not clear or incomplete.

In the Finder page I did come across two things.
1. With the option "Reserve destination" it is mentioned not to use if the destination is a location.
I read it like I've to switch this option off each time I like to send a locomotive to a destination. Obviously Here I'm wrong.
Is this meant as:
- Don't use this option if I've set some locations in the track layout? (So only use if I don't have any location in my track layout?)
- When the destination is a location. The destination will not be reserved yet?
- This option is not used if the destionation is a location? (Actualy the same result as the previous point.)

2. Explanation of option: "Allow direction change for commuter trains" is missing.
Does this option mean that the limitation of "Routes which needs a direction change will be skipped." doesn't count for commuter trains when this option is active?

Greetings, Erik

Besra

Re: Finder settings wiki

Post by Besra » 17.12.2017, 09:16

Hi Erik,

I read it like I've to switch this option off each time I like to send a locomotive to a [location].
Yes, either switch it off if you want to send a locomotive to a location or do not send a locomotive to location with this option enabled.

Does this option mean that the limitation of "Routes which needs a direction change will be skipped." doesn't count for commuter trains when this option is active?
Exactly. The German Wiki says:
Bei Pendelzügen werden auch Fahrstraßen verwendet, die einen Richtungswechsel erfordern.
Nicht verwenden, wenn das Ziel eine Ortschaft ist.
Same limitation (Do not use in case the destination is a location) here.

Regards
Besra

Eriko

Re: Finder settings wiki

Post by Eriko » 18.12.2017, 00:08

Hi Besra

Thank you for your answer.

Switching these options off the each time I like to send a Locomotive to a location seems a bit of a hustle to me.
- Stop the trains.
- Change the Finder settings.
- Restart Rocrail to apply the changed settings.
- Restart the trains.
But that would probably be a discussion for another time in another topic.
Or is there another way?

Greetings, Erik

Return to “Wiki”