The Analyser -> Auto Route Creation

Postby andre0604 » 15.10.2010, 08:51

Hi Jean Michel,

thanks again. Before the Analyzer I was using the Dir signs only as graphical symbols. Good to know that these arows have funcionality now.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby andre0604 » 15.10.2010, 09:10

Hi Jean Michel,

sorry it is me again. I checked to set my crossing to double crossing but then the Interface menue shows a crossing driven by two coils and two ports. My crossing have only one coil to switch the direction and needs only one port. Should I use double crossing and set the second port to zero?

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby jeanmichel » 15.10.2010, 09:44

Hi all,

how to control the dcrossings is another topic.

For the autorouter it is neccessary to tell wheather it is a crossing or a dcrossing. a crossing will not split up. At a dcrossing there are allways two possibilities to go no matter where you come from.

For full functionality of the analyser it is recommended setting the two signals of each block in a way that represents the reality on the layout, even if you don't have real signals on the layout. The signal represents the point where the train really stops at the IN event. In this case all crossing turnouts will be blocked if the block (between the signals) is locked.

So a complete block has to look like this:

sigA+ -- sensorA1+ -- (tracks ...) -- [+ blockA -] -- (tracks ... ) -- sensorA1- -- sigA-

BR
jmf
jeanmichel

Postby andre0604 » 16.10.2010, 08:35

Hi Jean Michel,

it is very interesting. I think I did follow all your hints but route B7- to B6+ is not generated. I will attach my updated plan. Maybe you like to have a look again to the plan.

Best regards
Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andre0604

Postby andre0604 » 22.10.2010, 14:24

Hi Jean Michel,

I did again a test with the analyser and got an unbelieveable result. There were 52 routes generated but many of them are not possible. To ride that way you need to fly :D . See e.g. b7- to b8+. Hopefully you like to have again a look to my attached plan.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andre0604

Postby rjversluis » 22.10.2010, 20:44

Hi Andre,

for the mean time you must define the routes manually. The analyzer is work in progress.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby andre0604 » 23.10.2010, 09:29

Hi Rob,

thanks for the info. I will stop testing until there are some news about the analyser.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby jeanmichel » 23.10.2010, 11:04

Hi Andre,

your plan is an absolute "worst case scenario" (hardcore brute force testing example ...) it took me some time to find out the problem. but I found it! So in 2096 your plan is (hopefully) correctly analysed. (b7- to b8+ was my test candidate it is gone now)

BR
Jean-Michel
jeanmichel

Postby jeanmichel » 23.10.2010, 18:00

the threeway was the guilty one ...

@Andre: was machst du mit den drei gleisen im norden? der findet natürlich n*3 Fahrstraßen da dort keine blöcke sind ... (das meinete ich mit worst case :) )
jeanmichel

Postby andre0604 » 23.10.2010, 19:07

Hi Jean Michel,

great to see that my plan is a good test object and I like threeways :D . Regarding the tracks in the north it is true that you can choose multiple routes to reach your desired destination. I plan to expand my layout and maybe later these tracks will also have blocs. I am curious to test the new revision tomorrow.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby andre0604 » 24.10.2010, 10:11

Hi Jean Michel,

just did a test and can only say great work :thumb_up: . All routes were generated correctly. The only thing left is that some routes are generated multiple times but as you said before this is related to my tracks in the north. All multiple routes are going through the same track in the north. I will edit these routes manual so that all possible tracks in the north will be used.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby andre0604 » 26.10.2010, 09:16

Hi Jean Michel,

I did a deeper look into the generated routes and there is some trouble with the switch settings. I need to set the propertie "double crossing" to generate all possible routes. My layout are only using crossings with the comands straight and thrown but the number of routes is not affected by using this type of crossing. The comands for double crossings include left and right which do not fit for a crossing with only one coil drive. Maybe it is possible to support crossing too by the analyser. Also protect the analyser for generating multiple identical routes (because of my hardcore layout :D ) would be nice.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby jeanmichel » 26.10.2010, 12:27

Hi Andre,

crossings are actually supported. But I don't understand what kind of crossing needs a coil at all? If the anylyser finds a "normal" crossing it will just follow out the right way. The route will not split up at a crossing. At a dcrossing there are two possible routes after it, like at a normal turnout. So what is the coil for?

You can prevent the analyzer to create routes by just deleting (or turning 90°) of a straight track. If you want a route just in one direction use the arrow symbol.

BR
Jean-Michel
jeanmichel

Postby ron&bram » 26.10.2010, 12:48

Hi Jean-Michel,

I remeber a topic from long ago about single motor (two coils) and double motor (two times two coils) double crossings: http://forum.rocrail.net/viewtopic.php?t=536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dcrossing&start=15. Maybe this helps a bit.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby RainerK » 26.10.2010, 12:59

Hi Jean-Michel,

few weeks ago i had contact with an rocrail user per e-mail.
He use a vintage double crossing turnout from maerklin also with only one coil.
Code: Select all
    /
1--/--2
  /

This unit has only two states:
1. crossing from 1 <> 2 and 3 <> 4 at same time
2. turnout from 1 <> 4 and 3 <> 2 at same time
The result was: Rocrail hasn't an object with this options.

That is a unsolved challenge, i think.

Best Regards
RainerK
Best Regards, es grüßt RainerK

DCC++ with Arduino Uno / Motor shield and LocoNet GCA85, 50, 93 and 136. Special interests: DIY electronic assemblies. http://www.rainermoba.blogspot.com
Planning replace the coincidence by the mistake
RainerK

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements