The Analyser -> Auto Route Creation

Postby andre0604 » 26.10.2010, 16:06

Hi Ronald and Rainer,

thanks for additional explanation. Maybe my expression one coil is not realy correct. I should say a crossing driven by one motor which internal construction is using two coils. The crossing is supported when I am choosing in the switch general Tab crossing.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby jeanmichel » 26.10.2010, 20:19

Hi,

but this "one coil thing" allows the same movements as a "real" DKW, right? So the thing missing is that the directions are (of course) not set correctly.

But as my "second Hobby" is building my rails from scratch (there are alternatives to the not so hardcore fetishists: http://www.mein-gleis.de/ [nice guy btw.!]), I wonder why there is some need for such crossings? Oh, I'm getting eyil -> go to bed jmf ;)

BR
Jean-Michel
jeanmichel

Postby RainerK » 27.10.2010, 05:41

Hi Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel wrote:So the thing missing is that the directions are (of course) not set correctly.

You're right, the visualization is the problem.
Nevertheless, the function is of course possible.

Best Regards
RainerK
Best Regards, es grüßt RainerK

Win10 64Bit / DCC++ with Arduino Uno / Motor shield and LocoNet GCA85, 50, 93 and 136.
Special interests: DIY electronic assemblies. http://www.rainermoba.blogspot.com
Planning replace the coincidence by the mistake
RainerK

Postby andre0604 » 02.11.2010, 10:28

Hi Jean Michel,

this is only a careful question if there is some plan to support the "one coil thing :D (one motor double crossing)" in near future. If there is no plan to support it I will edit my routes manualy if there are some silent minutes left.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Postby jeanmichel » 02.11.2010, 16:59

Hi Andre,

I don't understand the problem. Because the "one coil thing" has a a normal dcrossing two possibilities to go wherever you come from? Then it might be a better idea to combine the commands left right straight diverge in two groups, because the analyzer just finds the ways which are possible in an layout. i just don't get it ...

BR
jmf
jeanmichel

Postby andre0604 » 02.11.2010, 17:38

Hi Jean Michel,

yes, what you wrote is right. The "one coil thing"has two possibilities to go wherever you come from. The difference to the real DBcrossing is that you can switch it only to turnout and straight. If I am using the analyser and the propertie double crossing is set it will find all routes but the switch settings for the double crossing are including left and right which are not supported by the "one coil thing". It is hard to explain but the number of possible routes is for both crossing types are the same.

Best regards
Andre
andre0604

Previous

Return to Announcements