Using 2 Hornby Command Stations

Using 2 Hornby Command Stations

Postby RAFHAAA96 » 06.11.2015, 13:09

Hi
I have Hornby Elite working locos OK on bus 1 and Hornby eLInk set on bus 2 for working switches, but I can't get it to work. Track plan health check says eLink is non existent ID.
I have looked in the manual but cannot find much about setting up 2 CS except that bus needs to be ID'd.
I have checked in switch table that eLink is the device and bus is 2 and that in Controllers all seems to be set as required, including V2 mode switch when set to On and Off.
Attached is issue report.
Can you please point me in the direction of the correct place in the manual for setting this up correctly.
Thanks Rob

PS: no hard luck stories about Hornby hardware please.

Rocrail_report.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Rob.
Halton Brat
OO gauge - Hornby Elite & eLink CS & Accessory Decoders - Win 8 - 64 bit.
RAFHAAA96

Re: Using 2 Hornby Command Stations

Postby idlemarvel » 17.11.2015, 20:24

Hi Rob,
Can you get eLink to work by itself, as a substitute for the Elite, before you try both? I could never get eLink to work when I had that hardware setup. From memory I think the xpressnet initialization is different on the eLink and Rocrail doesn't seem to recognize it.
Dave
Dave Miller
Lenz LZV100, LH01, LI-USB, G-scale (45mm), Windows 10
LDT RS-8 track occupancy detector, Lenz LR101 feedback module, Lenz RS feedback bus
idlemarvel

Postby RAFHAAA96 » 17.11.2015, 21:41

As stated in an earlier post the eLink worked but sent every command 5 times.
My points are DCC but the decoders fire into a relay coil which then fires a CDU to the point solenoids, so you can count the command events on the relay clicks. Most odd.
Rocrail of course echoes the commands and actions on screen so confirming the trail of events.
Railmaster has progressed a few versions since then and I haven't tried it since as RM has had all sorts of problems with Win 10 and I grew weary of the slow progress to fix, unlike Rocrail which has it fixed just a moment before it was reported as broken..
Regards Rob.
Halton Brat
OO gauge - Hornby Elite & eLink CS & Accessory Decoders - Win 8 - 64 bit.
RAFHAAA96

Postby MrHuge » 18.01.2016, 12:06

Hi Rob,
Like you I also have a system with an Elite running trains and an E-link running points. It runs fine on the Hornby software and I am looking to do the same on the Rocrail software. I have previously used Rocrail with my Elite only in a past layout successfully. Have you managed to get your systems to run successfully since posting this message.

Hugh
Hornby Elite or ZTC 511 or Lenz 100 running trains and Hornby E-link running points and signals.
Windows XP Laptop.
OO Gauge, Steam Diesel Electric
MrHuge

Postby idlemarvel » 04.03.2016, 21:44

Hi Hugh,
If you have a Lenz use that with Rocrail. I tried for many years to get Hornby Elite to work with Rocrail and although it did work after a fashion it was not very reliable so I sold it and an eLink on ebay and bought a Lenz LZ100V and USB/Ethernet interface module with the proceeds and never had a problem since. As Rob reported eLink will not work with Rocrail, or with any other mode rail software except Hornby Railmaster.
Cheers, Dave
Dave Miller
Lenz LZV100, LH01, LI-USB, G-scale (45mm), Windows 10
LDT RS-8 track occupancy detector, Lenz LR101 feedback module, Lenz RS feedback bus
idlemarvel

Return to Hornby Elite