elite and the rocrail.ini file

elite and the rocrail.ini file

Postby brigader » 27.10.2010, 21:25

Hi
I thought i would give rocrail a try as it looked like the ideal program for my 7 year old son to operate all the points on our model railway.
However i can not get the elite to work with rocrail even though i have modifed the rocrail.ini file as suggested by the wiki.
I CAN HOWEVER CONTROL THE ELITE Easily from JMRI so i know that the pc/usb and elite are working.

When starting the server it looks like it is not seeing the rocrail.ini file for the elite settings, as it is finding the virtual control only.. but the file is the only rocrail.ini file in the folder..

I'd like to give this program a whirl, as i like the layout (and spent time on planning it ;-) ) but if i can not get this working, then i will have to play more with JMRI.

please help..

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brigader

Postby ron&bram » 27.10.2010, 22:22

Hi,

Your Rocrail.ini is damaged, missing a lot of required info and contains invalid statements. Try to delete it and then change the required settings using the rocrail settings dialog from the file tab in Rocview.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

thanks

Postby brigader » 29.10.2010, 17:14

i deleted it and went to the control pannel and have managed to get it working now..
I could not find a step by step guide in the wiki, but changed the controller settings to expressnet and elite as per the wiki text and the train is working now.. I will have a play with the turnouts now to see if i can get them working and the plan.

best regards

Paul
brigader

Postby ron&bram » 29.10.2010, 17:35

Hi Paul,

Good to read you have it working. The Elite firmware is know to have an offset into the switch decoder addressing, but by using the Elite as sublib of Xpressnet, this is automatically corrected.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Step by step guide

Postby RAFHAAA96 » 03.12.2010, 12:53

Hi
In addition to the wonderful step by step guide fr using Rocral generally there is still my original guide for the Elite at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Working_Ro ... Controller
Godd luck with Rocrail
Robbie
Regards Rob.
Halton Brat
OO gauge - Hornby Elite & eLink CS & Accessory Decoders - Win 8 - 64 bit.
RAFHAAA96

Return to Hornby Elite