Solved Elite under linux (Ubuntu)

Solved Elite under linux (Ubuntu)

Postby ron&bram » 09.09.2008, 20:11

On my laptop I have windows xp/sp2 and ubuntu 8.04 running. Under both os rocrail runs, but until getting the golden tip from Christian, I could not access the elite under ubuntu, because hornby has only xp/vista drivers.

In this link:

http://www.opendcc.de/elektronik/opendc ... crail.html

a description can be found for setting up a usb driver for the opendcc system. For the elite I used as filename 10-elite.rules and (data taken from the xp driver .inf file from hornby) vendor number 0403 must be changed to 04d8 and the product bfd8 to 000a (also the 0x.. ones). Then, with the following manually edited digint line in the rocrail.ini:

digint iid="dda" lib="lenz" sublib="elite" device="/dev/ttyUSB0" fbmod="0" fbpoll="false" ptsupport="true" flow="none" bps="19200"

I could control the elite with rocrail running under ubuntu. On my laptop the device is called (check /dev dir) ttyUSB and not ttyusb.

Regards everybody and thanks again Christian

Ronald
Last edited by ron&bram on 06.09.2009, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby rjversluis » 09.09.2008, 20:42

This information will be more of use in the Wiki; In the forum you will not be able to find it again after a few weeks.

Rocrail users are good users, they all starting to read the Wiki before doing anything else. ;-)

The word RTFM is un known. :-)
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

can I quote?

Postby ron&bram » 09.09.2008, 20:55

Rob,

can I quote your last sentence the next time I have a question that I put on the forum.

At the moment I am busy with rocrail, hammering the little bugs in the elite's xpressnet interpretation into the lenz.c, getting familiar with ubuntu, installing my repaired twincenter again and entertaining my son, who has (at the age of almost 6) little interest in his father's struggle with computer control, but a lot of interest in operating HIS (quote, daddy has a slightly different opinion) railway. Starting with writing/editing wiki pages would be yet again another adventure, so I hope that somebody else (I have already asked Robbie aka RAFHAAA96 to amend some details on the elite wiki page) will be so kind to add the mentioned info to the elite wiki page. When not, I hope I may ask for some guidance in "wiki-ing" and will do it myself, after all, rocrail is for but certainly also by the users.

Regards
Ronald
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby RAFHAAA96 » 16.09.2008, 13:51

Hi Ron
Having now returned from holiday fully refreshed I am happy to tweak the Wiki pages for you as requested.
I will go back into my e-mails and see exactly what it is you wanted me to incorporate and clarify by PM if necessary.
Regards
Robbie
Regards Rob.
Halton Brat
OO gauge - Hornby Elite & eLink CS & Accessory Decoders - Win 8 - 64 bit.
RAFHAAA96

Many thanks

Postby ron&bram » 16.09.2008, 15:11

Hi Robbie,

I hope that the feeling lasts for a long time (in my case it was exactly one working day :D ).

A short summary,

From svn revision 3174 onwards the addressing offset has been fxied and addresses for turnouts/accessories can be entered like normal, eg. address 1 port 2 is handled by the Elite as address 1 port 2 and no longer as address 1 port 1. The prerequisite for this is that the rocrail.ini must by manually edited, the string:

sublib="elite"

has to be added after lib="lenz" in the digint section.

Thanks to the golden tip from Christian, I managed to get the Elite also recognised under Linux (Ubuntu), as described in my post above.

I think these are the Elite specific changes to lenz.c that are worth mentioning in the wiki.

Best regards,
Ronald

P.S.
My Twincenter has finally returned from repair, but do not worry, the Elite is still there and not on eBay.
ron&bram

Postby RAFHAAA96 » 16.09.2008, 21:33

Hi Ron
I've made the changes, which you can check are OK by you :roll: by following the Elite link in the RR manual, then scroll down to the users link at the bottom of the page to go to the Wikibook :arrow: .
Regards, Robbie
Regards Rob.
Halton Brat
OO gauge - Hornby Elite & eLink CS & Accessory Decoders - Win 8 - 64 bit.
RAFHAAA96

Superb

Postby ron&bram » 16.09.2008, 22:06

Hi Robbie,

Absolutely fab (I think is the English yell).

Many thanks,

Ronald
ron&bram

Return to Hornby Elite