importing rosters

queenidog

importing rosters

Post by queenidog » 19.01.2015, 19:03

I made a MS Excel spreadsheet with all pertinent data on my 100 railway cars and 10 DCC locomotives. When I was working with JMRI software I was able to import the spreadsheet if I converted the data to CSV format. I did this and all is well.

How can I do this with RocRail? I notice all the documentation is XML and while Excel can save as XML, it doesn't translate well into something RocRail can understand.

RocRail has a much better roster description than JMRI.

GeSchu

Re: importing rosters

Post by GeSchu » 19.02.2015, 16:10

Hi queenidog,
your question is from january, 4 weeks old. But maybe i can help with one tip:
queenidog wrote: How can I do this with RocRail? I notice all the documentation is XML and while Excel can save as XML, it doesn't translate well into something RocRail can understand.
I think, there is a way to import your cars.
Build a XML file like this:

Code: Select all

<plan>
  <carlist>
     <car id="testcar" show="true" prev_id="testcar" ident="" number="" color="" roadname="ARAL Bochum" image="" era="2" owner="" status="loaded" type="goods" commuter="false" len="10" weight_empty="0" weight_loaded="0" manuid="" remark="" V_max="80" bus="0" addr="0" iid="" prot="P" protver="1" usedir="false" invdir="false" placing="true" uselights="false" fnlights="0" f0vcmd="false" spcnt="14" subtype="tankcar" prev_x="-1" prev_y="-1" prev_ori="west" prevlocation3="Rampe_01" prevlocation2="Rampe_01" prevlocation1="Rampe_01" location="Rampe_01"/>
  </carlist>
</plan>
You can import this with : tables->cars->import
I've tested with above datas. It runs very well. But i don't know, if excel is able to build a xml file like that. I'm not using excel for i have libreoffice calc.

best regards
Gerd(GeSchu)

Return to “Documentation”