How to realize a single turnout crossing

LaLe

How to realize a single turnout crossing

Post by LaLe » 09.01.2011, 22:54

Hello everybody,

I wonder how to insert a single-turnout-crossing (I am not sure that this is a correct english word for it. I mean a crossing which allow both straight routes but only one turnout).
The symbol SVG is no problem, but how make rocrail use this?
The second problem is to realize the correct output behavior. These single-turnout-crossings behave more like threeway-switches: they are driven by (normally) two 2-coil-drives, but only three routes are realized.

My suggestion (which require some reconfiguration of rocrail code, I think):
Make the symbol selection, which is already available for accessories, available for switches, three-way-switches and crossings too.
By this double-crossing of the (2-coil-)maerklin-type would be handled like a simple switch with special symbol. The single-turnout-crossing (from above) would be a three-way-switch with special symbol.

To say it in other words:
While setting up the layout you have to chose how many outputs / coils your switch/crossing/etc. use and pick the right symbol.

Have a nice day
Lars

tender

Post by tender » 10.01.2011, 00:52

Hi Lars.
In the UK we call it a single slip. There is also a double slip (double crossing in RocRail).

To use a single slip (both straight routes and one turnout) i would use the double crossing in Rocrail and just assign routes either straight through or to one turnout (either left or right), the other turnout would then never be selcted.

Regards
Ray.

LaLe

Post by LaLe » 10.01.2011, 07:05

Hello Ray, hello RocRailers,

It is correct, that you can control a single slip with the layout element double crossing. But this solution is only a workaround, because of two things:
1st: the symbol is incorrect. The small angles above and below the main track in the double crossing symbol show that these turnout routes are possible. Following this rule, the symbol for a single slip must have only of these small angles.
2nd: as I have written before, the electrical behavior differs. Using the double crossing means using the fourth route, which can't be switched by the single slip.

Have a nice day
Lars

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 10.01.2011, 07:59

Hi,

a single slip crossing is not covered by Rocrail at the moment.
Put a feature request for this at LaunchPad.net.

LaLe

Post by LaLe » 11.01.2011, 10:06

Hi Rob,

I have visited launchpad and search for the feature request you have told about, but I don't found it. Am I right, that a "feature request" is a bug in state "wishlist"?
If there is any possibility to vote on an feature request, please tell me where I can do so.

Have a nice day
Lars

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 11.01.2011, 10:31

Hi Lars,

yes, its the wishlist state which I will set.

Return to “SVG Themes”