Which is the best layout representation to use

Moderators: dadolphs, Moderators

Which is the best layout representation to use

Postby DeepPurple » 30.01.2018, 19:09

Hello,

I'm working on a layout that will be made of 10 little "modules", each one being a station or an industrial spur. At the end, it will be a permanent layout (so, not an exposition modular layout). I'm wondering what is the best way to represent it in Rocrail. The layout will be flat (all modules at the same level). The total size is about 15m length, for an average width of 70 cm. I presume that I will eventually install about 50 switches on the layout.

Do I put the whole layout on one big Rocrail "level" ? Or do I put each "module" on a separate "level" in Rocrail, with connectors to link the different levels ?

What would be the advantages of each choice ?

I understand that I have to make this choice from the beginning, as converting from one choice to the other will not be easy...

Thank you for your advice.

Philippe.
Philippe - Brussels (FR - NL - EN)
N layout with Digikeijs command station
DeepPurple

Re: Which is the best layout representation to use

Postby eroncelli » 30.01.2018, 19:16

My suggestion: a wide screen for the lay-out and a second screen for the remaining stuff :coding:
HO Maerklin, CS2+MS2, PC with Win10, Android phone, electronics by IEK, decoder by Maerklin-ESU-TAMS
".. and let your dog enjoy Rocrail"
eroncelli

Postby smitt48 » 30.01.2018, 19:34

Hi Philippe,

I understand that I have to make this choice from the beginning, as converting from one choice to the other will not be easy...

There are ways of taking sections of your layout and creating another level, or vice versa.
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=select-en

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.3) - Win10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby DeepPurple » 04.02.2018, 06:32

I have merged the various levels in one. Thank you for your help and advice. :beer:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Philippe - Brussels (FR - NL - EN)
N layout with Digikeijs command station
DeepPurple

Return to Basic topics