Track and block symbol change if block is occupied with cars

Moderator: dadolphs

Duesselklaus

Track and block symbol change if block is occupied with cars

Post by Duesselklaus » 06.12.2015, 21:48

Hi,

I am loooking for a method to indicate an occupied block with cars only. The block has got four feedback sensors and they are all used to tigger either an "enter" or "in" event. Two sensors are just linked to "occupied".

Now my problem: I have a couple cars physically standing in a block. All feedback sensor are still "true". The loco has been decoupled and moved to a different location. My block symbol has now changed to blank (no color, no image, no text) and the track symbol - which previously indicated with a red color - the occupied block, has changed to white or yellow (if a route is set). No visual feedback is given to indicate the "occupied" status of the block. Requesting a loco to move into this block results in an error message telling that the block is "electrically occupied", so obviously RocRail knows the block is not free.

How do I configure RocRail to indicate this occupied status without a lcoo assigned to the block.

A (too) simple solution is to use the feedback sensors for the "Block-ID" in the properties dialog, but this is only a partial patch as it subdivides a block into multiple chunks. Is there any other method to configure RocRail to show physical AND logical occupation?

Many thanks for your proposals!

smitt48

Re: Track and block symbol change if block is occupied with

Post by smitt48 » 06.12.2015, 22:32

Hi,

There is a relative new option in Blocks. "Allow access in case cars are present in the Block."

block2.PNG
Maybe you can use it.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duesselklaus

Post by Duesselklaus » 08.12.2015, 22:49

Hi,

Thanks for the hint! The option you mention allows me to request a loco to drive into the block although it is physically occupied. That's understood so far. The solution I am looking for is to get a visual feedback regarding the cars actually located inside a block, e.g. the track symbol should be red and the block symbol should be "non-white" as well to show, that the loco has left the block but the cars are still in there.

BTW: I am driving in manual mode, so the visual feedback is required to avoid setting (and locking) a route into a block that is electrically occupied. Assigning the feedback sensors would prevent me from doing this (hopefully, did not check yet) - but I don't want to read the text messages to understand why a route-request is not accepted.

.. the trick to get the red track symbol is what I am looking for ....

Many thanks for your feedback

Klaus

rvooyen

Post by rvooyen » 08.12.2015, 23:05

Following this thread, but do not understand how it coukd work logically.
How can the system know a loc has left cars behind, or not?

What logic do you think could be used? Push button or something?

Regards,

Robert

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 09.12.2015, 00:08

Hi Robert,

I do not know how it works exactly.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=operator-consist-en

The leave option is used to drop cars in a siding/spur.

Tom

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 09.12.2015, 00:29

Hi Klaus,
feedback regarding the cars actually
You can try the following with 2L or 3L:
occ.PNG
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sen ... vent_table
Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 09.12.2015, 10:37

Hi Robert,
rvooyen wrote: How can the system know a loc has left cars behind, or not?
by assigning a train and release it somewhere else.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 09.12.2015, 10:39

BTW,
reading the Wiki shows how it will look like:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=tra ... esentation

rvooyen

Post by rvooyen » 09.12.2015, 10:50

Aaah.

Off topic:
Getting rusty because I am not using Rocrail much at all these last months becuase still building the layout.
Amazing how quick you forget stuff - Alzheimer light?? :o

Robert

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 09.12.2015, 18:21

Hi Robert,

While you were away building :mrgreen: the following features were implemented. I figured you could use the first one for your freight trains arriving in Kijfhoek.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=blo ... ls-en#wait
There is a new "wait" feature in a block called "stop", it will set a train to "idle" after the automatic run has been completed.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=blo ... ls-en#type
An additional Type function, once selected this train type won't stop in a block, even though a block wait time has been selected.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=rou ... #auto_mode
You can block automatic trains from using certain routes.

mfg Tom

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 09.12.2015, 19:19

Hi,

In my opinion the usage of a sensor with attribute occupied in a block entry should avoid to set a unwanted route in a occupied block (by cars)

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sen ... sor_events

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 09.12.2015, 20:51

Hi Peter,
In my opinion the usage of a sensor with attribute occupied in a block entry should avoid to set a unwanted route in a occupied block (by cars)
I am not sure, but I believe you!

Klaus is looking for some indication that track colors will show that some cars are left in the block. I think this only works if you use the "operate" functions in Rocrail.
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=operator-consist-en and "leave" some cars.

As Rob pointed out
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=tra ... esentation
where the block has a 3# for 3 cars left. But that is not a color?!
I was hoping "occupied" would somehow show on in Rocview.

Thanks Tom

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 09.12.2015, 22:18

Hi Tom,

I'm already using trains and cars. When I'm disconnect the loco, the train (a Assembly of Cars) is staying in the block where I left them, shown by text in the block symbol starting with "#" but not red.

This is a logic inside Rocrail and needs no resistor axles or something like that,

A real occupied message can be only made by resistor axles (and should work I assume) because in this case the block is electrically occupied.

Duesselklaus

Post by Duesselklaus » 22.12.2015, 20:41

Hi,

Many Thanks for all your thoughts and feedback. Unfortunately the solution to my problem is not yet found. I therefore decided to prepare a little example to describe my concern. Maybe with this information someone has a good idea and proposes a solution.

In the example you see four blocks. The tracks around block BL4 use the "normal" method of assigning their properties to routes and blocks to enable yellow and red filling of the symbols. The block B1 at the bottom has a special "virtual" sensor assigned (FB-B1). All four '"real" feedback senors (FB1..FB4) use action to control the virtual sensor. The track symbols left and right of block B1 use the standard track assignment to indicate the routes defined. The "Block-ID" of these tracks don't use block B1 and are instead assigned to the virtual sensor "FB-B1".

The operation implemented for block B1 is what I am looking for: Whilst the tracks around block B4 show a "logical" occupation of the block - regardless of whether there is a train present or not - the track symbols for block B1 show the real "electrical" occupation. If you now ask: What is your question? - the answer is: I would like to have the shown functionality but without the need to generate all the actions and adding them to all the feedback sensors with numerous presonditions. Background: We have ~200 feedback sensors in operation.

Does this desctiption trigger any new ideas?

rvooyen

Post by rvooyen » 22.12.2015, 21:09

Hi,

Just out of interest. What are you trying to do and how does this relate to the prototype/full size train operation?
Thanks Robert.

Return to “Basic topics”