Track and block symbol change if block is occupied with cars

Moderator: dadolphs

Duesselklaus

Re: Track and block symbol change if block is occupied with

Post by Duesselklaus » 23.12.2015, 17:54

Hi Robert,

my question and the solution I am looking for does not really relate directly to train assembly ... :) . Nevertheless I enjoyed reading the proposals.

We drive in manual mode with "Start" and "Goto" buttons to set and lock routes via actions. Unsetting the routes is achieved with actions on feedback sensors.
The locomotives are controlled manually most of the time as we love to do this: We are driving Gauge 1.

The main RocRail control panel does only have the items one would expect to see on a real SPDRS60 control panel. The representaion of feedback sensors, block symbols (yes, sometimes the layout is also operated in automatic mode) and routes have individual tabs for direct access to a "native data" (feedback) or to control the auto-mode.

To support our way of using RocRail I'm looking for the "occupancy" solution: I need to have all track symbols in a "logical block section" colored on red if only one sensor is "On", regardless of whether the block is assigned to a locomotive or not.

Hope this helps....

Regards
Klaus

rvooyen

Post by rvooyen » 23.12.2015, 18:35

Thanks klaus,

Your mode of operation is not dissimilar to how I plan to run operations on my layout, multiperson.
I am using the schedules function to cover the possible Gotos, someone might want at that block, ,location.

Trains can be controlled by Rocrail, or manually (half auto mode), since my main lines are block controlled.
If in manual, then the driver simply follows the signalling, but has control of the train. The schedule sets the turnouts, monitors the blocks and sets the signals.

So, a train is built in the yard and given to a driver. The driver then selects the schedule on his mobile throttle (andRoc or Rocweb). The train then travels to the required endpoint, eg another yard, or and industry siding, either auto or manually.
Then the driver can manually start switching/shunting his train, then goto the next location.

Maybe this might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Robert

Duesselklaus

Post by Duesselklaus » 25.12.2015, 21:01

HI Robert,

We are using RocRail primarily in Manual Mode. The control panel does not show the physical representation of the feedback sensors - they have a separate tab. The same is the case for blocks: They reside on a dedicated tab which is only used if we drive in automatic mode.

As the normal operation uses the "original SPDRS60" panel layout I need to rely on the track symbol fill color to check whether a block is occupied or available. RocRail of course does not allow me to "lockset" a route into a block that is electrically occupied - but I don't want to read the trace information to understand why a request is not processed (it is on a different screen). Or in other words: I would like to see all track symbols belonging to a block in red if there is a car left behind in block, e.g. it is not available for a train to enter.

Regarding the relation to train assemply: This does not really relate to the solution I am looking for - but I enjoyed reading the proposals :)

Regards
Klaus

Return to “Basic topics”