How to manage a set of cassettes ?

Moderators: dadolphs, Moderators

How to manage a set of cassettes ?

Postby DeepPurple » 29.08.2017, 17:01

I have built a set of cassettes to store full trains. The cassettes are equipped with rails and can be electrified. So that trains can leave a cassette to join the layout and vice-versa. I'm thinking about the best way to manage those cassettes under Rocrail. My idea is to use the Fidle Yard object, each cassette being a Managed Track Block of the Fiddle Yard. This way, I hope that Rocrail will remember which train is stored in which cassette from session to session.

Is this the good way to handle it ?
Philippe - Brussels (FR - NL - EN)
N layout with Digikeijs command station
DeepPurple

Re: How to manage a set of cassettes ?

Postby peter&basti » 29.08.2017, 17:44

Hi Philippe,

interesting approach. First thoughts from my side:

If you use the cassettes like a fiddle yard, from my point of view any operation should have to be realized and done manually e.g. virtual sensors.
There are a lot of examples of manual operations of switches and sensors in the forum and on some userpages.

To enter or to leave a cassette (which represent a Block), is there the possibilty to equip the cassette with at least one sensor in any way?

If you are successful by the end of the day, i am sure that the Rocrail community is interested in your solution example :wink:
Liebe Grüße / best regards
Peter

System: DCC 2-Leiter H0, Rocrail 64bit auf Win10 Pro 64
Traktion: OpenDCC GBM
Fahrweg: RocNetNode & GCA PI01/2/3, GCA41/Arduino RFID, GCA145 Drehscheibe, etc.
Decoder: 99% Zimo
Experimentell: MQTT & Node-Red
peter&basti

Re: How to manage a set of cassettes ?

Postby DeepPurple » 29.08.2017, 18:49

Hi Peter, thank you for this first response. I'll look at the notion of virtual sensor. Anyway, I intend to have one sensor at the end of the cassette. It will be an infrared or a ultrasound one, that will detect train approaching the end of the cassette. There will be one physical sensor, shared for all cassettes, I presume that I will manage to program the needed logic within Rocrail to handle this.

I will for sure share my experimentation with the Rocrail community. Please give me three months :wink:
Philippe - Brussels (FR - NL - EN)
N layout with Digikeijs command station
DeepPurple

Return to Basic topics