First attempt at Automatic running has problems  [✔]

RCGeek

Re: First attempt at Automatic running has problems

Post by RCGeek » 12.03.2019, 05:00

Having successfully got my initial plan working, it has now been extended. See attached Plan.

The loop show at the top of the plan is quite separate and can be ignored for this post.

The branch line runs in to the main line stops and reverses out again - this is intended to remain unchanged. The main line has been extended and is now an oval with two new blocks (05 & 06) in addition to the existing block (03).

How do I prevent Mainline trains from selecting block 04? Similarly, how do I prevent the branch line train from selecting block 05?

Can block 03 be a terminal reversing block for branch line trains AND a through block for main line trains?
Attachments
plan.xml
(18.48 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

cds

Post by cds » 12.03.2019, 07:55

Hello Richard!

Are you sure you've attached the right plan? I can see only 4 blocks.
How do I prevent Mainline trains from selecting block 04? Similarly, how do I prevent the branch line train from selecting block 05?
You might consider the following configuration options: https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=block_traintype-en, https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=bl ... issions-en, - just for the beginning, there are a lot more influencing options.
Can block 03 be a terminal reversing block for branch line trains AND a through block for main line trains?
In principle yes. Simply prevent branch line trains from going through to the next block and they have to reverse (e. g. https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=bl ... uter_train).

RCGeek

Post by RCGeek » 13.03.2019, 09:45

Thanks. I will read and understand your reply(s) and experiment.

Cheers
Richard

RCGeek

Post by RCGeek » 15.03.2019, 05:47

Firstly, have I attached the correct plan this time - it should have 6 blocks?

1. I have implemented your first suggestion by making block 04 accept LTANK loco only (include).

2. However, I think I can satisfy both my requirements by making LTANK a commuter train and (instead of 1. above) specifying that block 04 can only accept commuter trains AND all other blocks adjacent to block 03 cannot accept commuter trains. Finally change block 03 from a terminal block to a "allow change of direction block".

Your comments would be appreciated. My suggested plan seems too simple and elegant to be correct :?

Richard
Attachments
plan.xml
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

cds

Post by cds » 15.03.2019, 09:58

Hello Richard!
irstly, have I attached the correct plan this time - it should have 6 blocks?
Yes.
1. I have implemented your first suggestion by making block 04 accept LTANK loco only (include).
LTANK commutes between 03 and 04. I guess that's what you wanted to have, right?
2. However, I think I can satisfy both my requirements by making LTANK a commuter train and (instead of 1. above) specifying that block 04 can only accept commuter trains AND all other blocks adjacent to block 03 cannot accept commuter trains. Finally change block 03 from a terminal block to a "allow change of direction block".
That's the way I am using RR. I don't use "terminal station". Just give it a try. RR is so flexible and offers multiple possibilities-

RCGeek

Post by RCGeek » 15.03.2019, 10:54

Had it all done and ready to go unless you said it would not work.

It works perfectly!

Now that I am beginning to understand how Blocks work, I can see that RR is hugely flexible and the possibilities are enormous. What a beautiful system design!

:rr_for_ever:

Thanks for your help

Richard

cds

Post by cds » 15.03.2019, 11:17

Hello Richard!

You are welcome.
Have fun with RR!

Return to “Automatic mode”