trains stopping at Shortin event - live mode only Topic is solved

applor

trains stopping at Shortin event - live mode only

Post by applor » 10.02.2019, 01:52

Hello,

I've been experiencing an unusual issue with Rocrail. For some reason my trains are stopping at the Shortin sensor event in some blocks (Blocks 04 and 05 identified) when the loco and train are not set to use the Shortin event.

What is more, I am unable to reproduce the problem using simulated sensors. It is only in live mode that the problem happens.

I have created an issue with logs so hopefully someone can determine the cause. In this example you can see loco E75 / train E52 mixed Roco Enter Block 04 and then stop at the Shortin sensor R2-10.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: trains stopping at Shortin event - live mode only

Post by rjversluis » 10.02.2019, 08:38

Hi Eric,

some blocks have shortin events and some locos are using shortin.
So whats the problem?

BTW: I also saw that you are using IN delays of 2 seconds...

applor

Post by applor » 10.02.2019, 22:18

rjversluis wrote:
10.02.2019, 08:38
Hi Eric,

some blocks have shortin events and some locos are using shortin.
So whats the problem?

BTW: I also saw that you are using IN delays of 2 seconds...
The problem is the locos / trains that are stopping at shortin do not have the it enabled.
Look at my example - the E75 05 and train E52 mixed roco don't have shortin enable - yet the logs captured that exact consist stopping in Block 04 at the Shortin event!
What is more, when using the same loco/train by itself with simulated sensors the train does not use the Shortin event - that is what makes this so bizarre.
Yes I am using a 2 seconds IN delay that is intentional.

In any case I have decided to work around the issue by removing the Shortin event from the routes, since its a hidden staging yard I don't really need any train to stop early.

original issue still remains of course but not really important unless someone likes solving puzzles.

applor

Post by applor » 16.05.2019, 21:53

I just wanted to come back and post an update that I did discover the problem.

This issue was being caused by a sensor fault which would flicker when the preceding sensor was activated, causing the premature IN event.
I had to closely observe on my live layout what was happening and then discovered the sensor problem.
It is now fixed and no further problems.

Return to “Automatic mode”