SOLVED Interfacing to switches

Märklin Central Station 2

SOLVED Interfacing to switches

Postby vulcanbomber » 16.01.2014, 23:04

SOLVED
I have a strange problem involving a new NCE Snap-it decoder
I have it set to address 27 and can control the point motor with that address from my ECos as I can all other points
However with the Rocrail properties for that switch ; set Address 7 and Port set to 3 the Rocrail system will not control it.
All points are operating correctly
Last edited by vulcanbomber on 20.01.2014, 19:58, edited 2 times in total.
vulcanbomber

Postby woodyboy » 17.01.2014, 07:48

Is it controlled by the Rocrail Ecos interface controller or by the CS2 interface controller? I can confirm that addr 7 port 3 (switch 27) is operating correct by the MCS2 library.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby vulcanbomber » 17.01.2014, 10:30

It is connected to my Ecos Box,this one is weird don't understand it either, by the way I am running latest Ubuntu version of Rocrail
vulcanbomber

Postby vulcanbomber » 17.01.2014, 17:38

Spent this afternoon playing around with switch addressing no joy, I than realized that it did not want to accept any new addresses;
So as a test I did the following.
1. Created a new work space called Test and opened Rocrail in that
2. Set up the Ecos controller and made sure I could power off and on via Rocrail
4. Shutdown Rocrail and checked it read in the switches from the controller in the trace window

5. Put two existing switches on the plan and tried to operate them nothing happened although the trace at bottom was showing the correction action PADA Number and address and Port, and they operated alright from Ecos itself

I am now stuck
vulcanbomber

Postby woodyboy » 17.01.2014, 23:44

f you operate them from the ecos, do you see the icon in the Rocrail plan changing? Is this your first attempt? To my knowledge there are no issues with addressing a switch with the MCS2 lib. Which version of Rocrail do you use?

You write, you use an Ecos. Why do you use the MCS2 library? The Ecos has its own lib in Rocrail.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby vulcanbomber » 18.01.2014, 14:36

SOLVED i was getting confused with Ecos addressing itself
Thanks guys
vulcanbomber

Postby RainerK » 19.01.2014, 02:15

Hi vulcanbomber,

please insert the "SOLVED" at the begin of the title line of Your opening post.

Best Regards
RainerK
Best Regards, es grüßt RainerK

Win10 64Bit / DCC++ with Arduino Uno / Motor shield and LocoNet GCA85, 50, 93 and 136.
Special interests: DIY electronic assemblies. http://www.rainermoba.blogspot.com
Planning replace the coincidence by the mistake
RainerK

Return to CS2