Railcom and Occupancy combined

All issues about RailCom
opendcc

Railcom and Occupancy combined

Post by opendcc » 01.11.2010, 08:38

Hi,

I've developed a 16/64 channel occupancy detector with bidi on all channels. Hardware is working, now its time to get it integrated in rocrail. How to proceed?

br Wolfgang

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 01.11.2010, 18:00

Hi Wolfgang,

just explain how I get to this Bidi information.

xPressNet, IB...

Or is it a new event?

opendcc

Post by opendcc » 01.11.2010, 21:30

Hi Rob,

the occupancy detector comes with the capability of up to 64 detectors on one board and the feature to interconnect some boards. It does detect address messages and CV messages on all channels, mostly in parallel!
What I can do on the host side:
:arrow: emulate an existing protocol
:arrow: forward all the stuff to the command station and extend the protocol of the command station
:arrow: invent a new protocol

Emulation an existing is quite easy, but doesn't cover the features: I've done up to now a HSI88 and a RCtalk emulation, but both suffers: HSI88 just does occupancy, RCtalk is very limited (only 24 detectors).
Forwarding to the command station is required anyhow - I want PoM-Read to give an answer.
And a new protocol will give us the chance to overcome all the limits we currently have with feedback: we can fully secure the transmission, no more loss of occupancy messages and we can make it fast and scaleable.

br Wolfgang

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 01.11.2010, 21:37

Hi Wolfgang,

we can extend the LocoNet protocol or use the RocNet protocol for your BiDi.
LocoNet does support already occupation addressing and reading CV with the Digitrax transponding technology. (Has nothing to do with RFID)

Everything is in place when using this protocol; no change required in Rocrail.

Return to “RailCom”