Settings needed in IB-COM for mixed DCC/Motorola layout

Uhlenbrock new generation CS-Line
rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 25.08.2011, 21:47

Hi Hans,

I like to help people, but this is based on Abacadabra.
Uhli seems to be not willing to help, and the UUP's do some magic...
(UUP=Unidentified Uhlenbrock Packet)

The whole matter is idiotic and should be cleared by Uhlenbrock.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 26.08.2011, 06:12

Hi Hans,

I added an ibcom init to the loconet.c which is called every time a new slot is requested by Rocrail. You must set the CS to IB-Com in the setup. (revno 2854)
hclaassens wrote: I've tested the version with the hard coded stuff inside. In the zip they are the ones starting with rocrail.

We've made some progress: If I only control the DCC loc, the commands are refreshed!!! But unfortunately if I also control a Motorola loc, the DCC loc is NOT refreshed anymore?! :shock:

That is why I did another test with the U's ib_util.exe and controlled both locos with it. The trace file is ibutl_motorola.trc. Both locos are refreshed with this one. I've seen the lets call them the hardcoded commands are repeated.

hclaassens

Post by hclaassens » 26.08.2011, 06:47

Hi Rob,

Thanks for being so helpfull :D

I''ll try to test it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Hans
rjversluis wrote:Hi Hans,

I added an ibcom init to the loconet.c which is called every time a new slot is requested by Rocrail. You must set the CS to IB-Com in the setup. (revno 2854)
hclaassens wrote: I've tested the version with the hard coded stuff inside. In the zip they are the ones starting with rocrail.

We've made some progress: If I only control the DCC loc, the commands are refreshed!!! But unfortunately if I also control a Motorola loc, the DCC loc is NOT refreshed anymore?! :shock:

That is why I did another test with the U's ib_util.exe and controlled both locos with it. The trace file is ibutl_motorola.trc. Both locos are refreshed with this one. I've seen the lets call them the hardcoded commands are repeated.

hclaassens

Post by hclaassens » 26.08.2011, 18:18

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to say but there is no improvement. :cry:

At 20110826.190722.475 the loc has been stopped by me.
At or short after the slotping the loc starts driving again.

Have a nice weekend!

Hans

hclaassens wrote:Hi Rob,

Thanks for being so helpfull :D

I''ll try to test it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Hans

Attachments
Rev2857.zip
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 27.08.2011, 07:38

Hi Hans,

I think that wdp also have no better solution then sending loco packets continually...
As long as Uhlenbrock does not document its special settings I'm afraid I can not do anything.

[EDIT]
I will remove this special ib-com init from the source, and I only can recommend to set the slot ping at a higher rate...

hclaassens

Post by hclaassens » 27.08.2011, 08:11

Hi Rob,

I agree with you to remove the special init from the source. I am going to try to return the ib-com to Conrad and have started another forum object asking which command station people are using in a mixed environment. If you have any suggestions from a software developper point of view, please let us know.

I want to thank you for your fantastic support.

Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?

Hans

I think that wdp also have no better solution then sending loco packets continually...
As long as Uhlenbrock does not document its special settings I'm afraid I can not do anything.

[EDIT]
I will remove this special ib-com init from the source, and I only can recommend to set the slot ping at a higher rate...

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 27.08.2011, 08:24

Hi Hans,
hclaassens wrote: Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?
Yes, that a good idea.

hclaassens

Post by hclaassens » 27.08.2011, 12:35

I've edited the Dutch and English pages.
Hans
hclaassens wrote: Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?
Yes, that a good idea.

Return to “IB-Basic IB-Com IB2”