Settings needed in IB-COM for mixed DCC/Motorola layout

Uhlenbrock new generation CS-Line

Postby rjversluis » 25.08.2011, 21:47

Hi Hans,

I like to help people, but this is based on Abacadabra.
Uhli seems to be not willing to help, and the UUP's do some magic...
(UUP=Unidentified Uhlenbrock Packet)

The whole matter is idiotic and should be cleared by Uhlenbrock.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin
 

Postby rjversluis » 26.08.2011, 06:12

Hi Hans,

I added an ibcom init to the loconet.c which is called every time a new slot is requested by Rocrail. You must set the CS to IB-Com in the setup. (revno 2854)

hclaassens wrote:I've tested the version with the hard coded stuff inside. In the zip they are the ones starting with rocrail.

We've made some progress: If I only control the DCC loc, the commands are refreshed!!! But unfortunately if I also control a Motorola loc, the DCC loc is NOT refreshed anymore?! :shock:

That is why I did another test with the U's ib_util.exe and controlled both locos with it. The trace file is ibutl_motorola.trc. Both locos are refreshed with this one. I've seen the lets call them the hardcoded commands are repeated.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin
 

Postby hclaassens » 26.08.2011, 06:47

Hi Rob,

Thanks for being so helpfull :D

I''ll try to test it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Hans

rjversluis wrote:Hi Hans,

I added an ibcom init to the loconet.c which is called every time a new slot is requested by Rocrail. You must set the CS to IB-Com in the setup. (revno 2854)

hclaassens wrote:I've tested the version with the hard coded stuff inside. In the zip they are the ones starting with rocrail.

We've made some progress: If I only control the DCC loc, the commands are refreshed!!! But unfortunately if I also control a Motorola loc, the DCC loc is NOT refreshed anymore?! :shock:

That is why I did another test with the U's ib_util.exe and controlled both locos with it. The trace file is ibutl_motorola.trc. Both locos are refreshed with this one. I've seen the lets call them the hardcoded commands are repeated.
hclaassens
 

Postby hclaassens » 26.08.2011, 18:18

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to say but there is no improvement. :cry:

At 20110826.190722.475 the loc has been stopped by me.
At or short after the slotping the loc starts driving again.

Have a nice weekend!

Hans


hclaassens wrote:Hi Rob,

Thanks for being so helpfull :D

I''ll try to test it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Hans

rjversluis wrote:Hi Hans,

I added an ibcom init to the loconet.c which is called every time a new slot is requested by Rocrail. You must set the CS to IB-Com in the setup. (revno 2854)

hclaassens wrote:I've tested the version with the hard coded stuff inside. In the zip they are the ones starting with rocrail.

We've made some progress: If I only control the DCC loc, the commands are refreshed!!! But unfortunately if I also control a Motorola loc, the DCC loc is NOT refreshed anymore?! :shock:

That is why I did another test with the U's ib_util.exe and controlled both locos with it. The trace file is ibutl_motorola.trc. Both locos are refreshed with this one. I've seen the lets call them the hardcoded commands are repeated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hclaassens
 

Postby rjversluis » 27.08.2011, 07:38

Hi Hans,

I think that wdp also have no better solution then sending loco packets continually...
As long as Uhlenbrock does not document its special settings I'm afraid I can not do anything.

[EDIT]
I will remove this special ib-com init from the source, and I only can recommend to set the slot ping at a higher rate...
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin
 

Postby hclaassens » 27.08.2011, 08:11

Hi Rob,

I agree with you to remove the special init from the source. I am going to try to return the ib-com to Conrad and have started another forum object asking which command station people are using in a mixed environment. If you have any suggestions from a software developper point of view, please let us know.

I want to thank you for your fantastic support.

Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?


Hans


rjversluis wrote:Hi Hans,

I think that wdp also have no better solution then sending loco packets continually...
As long as Uhlenbrock does not document its special settings I'm afraid I can not do anything.

[EDIT]
I will remove this special ib-com init from the source, and I only can recommend to set the slot ping at a higher rate...
hclaassens
 

Postby rjversluis » 27.08.2011, 08:24

Hi Hans,

hclaassens wrote:Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?

Yes, that a good idea.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin
 

Postby hclaassens » 27.08.2011, 12:35

I've edited the Dutch and English pages.
Hans

rjversluis wrote:Hi Hans,

hclaassens wrote:Do you want me to edit the wiki page on the ib-com stating these problems?

Yes, that a good idea.
hclaassens
 

Previous

Return to IB-Basic IB-Com IB2