Rocrail in the raspberry!

Questions and discussions around compiling of Rocrail, usage of wxWidgets etc.

Moderators: dadolphs, Moderators

Postby LDG » 25.01.2013, 17:27

Hello Zeno,
zeno wrote:My windows version of rocrail.ini does not have "block side" flag set. The Linux version does have this flag set (in fact it forces the flag to true).
It is not forced, only the default changed to "True/activated". You may change it in the Rocrail Properties Tab for "Automatic".
Nevertheless I would recommend switching to "block side routing" because support for "classic routing" will be discontinued.

We can help you if there are some problems with your plan :wink:

Best Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby zeno » 25.01.2013, 21:52

Hi Lothar,

Thanks for the offer :)

I think you will find that an attempt to change the flag back to false results in an error message about deprecated functionality and the flag stays on regardless.
zeno

Postby Toto » 18.02.2013, 21:25

@ johannes,

after many more test with the pi, i decided to buy another one and test again. the only defective part of the whole installation was my first pi. The first one was a pi from RS (made in china), my second one is from farnell (made by sony in the UK). The defective one is now sent back to RS to be replaced (i think its even better to have two ones for testing :wink: ) Now all software is installed and it is ready to test it with the other moba equipment.

Thanks for help.
Torsten

Spur 0, ECoS, Can Bus Rückmelder (GCA), Digital-Bahn Decoder, Bidib, Lenz LZV100
Toto

Postby mserrano » 24.02.2013, 19:57

I have been trying to find out why the ttyAMA0 port is not working with ddx-dcc signal - i have also tried with dcc232
I have been capturing the output with the oscilloscope and decoding them, with only dcc active as an option for ddx… and including one loco and no loco.
The outcome should be the idle packet as sent by rocrail:
When I used an USB converter, that is precisely what is obtained…now, when I used the AMA0 port… it seems not being able to generate even the right bit code:
The flow of information is not the same (I am attaching two pictures where the gaps are clear). Furthremore, the information being sent is not even coherent with the bit coding schema...

In the picture you the code is '11X'... third signal is neither a '1' nor a '0'

I have also tried to measure directly from the GPIO pins… and the results are the same – discarding any problem with the board I prepare to adapt the voltage levels.

I have being decoding large traces caprtured from the oscilloscope and the results is always the same... with the USB converter the signal is coherent (idle packet) and with the AMA0 port, always the same weird packet.
So next step would be to see if the problem is in the way rocrail manages the serial port… or if it is just a problem with the AMA0 port.
However, for that I would need some help since I have no idea of the requirements from ddx to use the serial port. ANY IDEA?

PS:I have made test to send a file of 2MB at the baudrate used to generate dcc packets… and it arrived with no problems to my PC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mserrano

Postby mserrano » 24.02.2013, 19:58

And the missing ttyAMA0 flow of data... with the obvious gaps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mserrano

Postby mserrano » 26.02.2013, 20:53

Just a quick finding:

DDX with only DCC is not managing to send the idle packet....

DDX with MM activated does :shock:
I have made the test with the option of MMLP (long pause for motorola)... and still, the idle packet is sent.., but the normal packets (in the experiment for loco 23) is never sent.

It could be something with the timing to send a packet... but I still do not know if this can be solved -i.e. if the problem is on how rocrail uses the serial port (don't think so since the USB adaptors is working fine) or in the rpi hardware.
mserrano

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 10.03.2013, 19:50

Hi,
maybe there are some typing errors in Your document Installing a Raspi at point 4.1.7 "clean some of the daemons".
please read the line as
sudo apt-get install rcconf

Best Regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G&H0m, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte/GBM),
Rocrail auf RasPi mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby mserrano » 10.03.2013, 23:19

Thanks Johannes,

I have corrected the typo.

http://tren.enmicasa.net/wp-content/upl ... i_v1.4.pdf
mserrano

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 15.03.2013, 23:16

Hello !

I just installed Rocrail on a Raspi and i would like to have Rocrail and Rocview both running on it. Could i create shortcuts on the GUI, one for starting Rocrail, a second one for starting Rocview ?

I know the sh-files in directory rocrail, but i don't get them started by "one-click" on the GUI-Desktop. This would be my favorite solution, because i like to test some other possibilities of the hardware and there an autostart (like daemon) would be bad.
Does anybnody have an idea ?

Kind regards
Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby mserrano » 16.03.2013, 07:05

Hi Andras,

I have not tested in the rpi. But the attached file should make it. Just unzip the file in your desktop.

If you have any problems (file permissions), just let me know and I will explain to you how to create the .desktop files.

Best regards,

Manolo
mserrano

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 16.03.2013, 10:03

Hi Andreas,
if I use the startx GUI, in the part "Sonstige" still are the Rocrail and the Rocview icons.
I just checked it with Rocrail, it works.
Testing Rocview, it work too, but very very slowly (I run a GPIO-button-check-daemon in autostartmode too). CPU work ist 100%+. :roll:

best regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G&H0m, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte/GBM),
Rocrail auf RasPi mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 16.03.2013, 17:29

Hi all together !

Hello Manolo !

If i extract your TAR-file, i get two Zero-Byte-files !? And this with extracting on the RasPi or With WinZip under Windows - both extractions give empty files ! What do i do wrong ?

Hello Johannes !

I happily found the two icons in "Sonstige", but they both doesn't open any terminal window ! :-(

Kinde regards,
Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby magnus » 16.03.2013, 17:58

Normally, there is no terminal window for rocrail (the server).
This is different to MS-Windows

Best regards

Magnus
Gruß
Magnus

Tams MC / Delta Control 6605
ESU Switch Pilot / Tams S88-4
Lok-Decoder: mfx, MM, DCC / C-Gleis
Mageia Linux; Raspi2, andRoc
Anlage im Bau
Lok- und Wagenfotos
magnus

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 16.03.2013, 18:10

Hello Magnus !

If i start all "by hand" i open a first terminal and then in the terminal
cd /opt/rocrail
./rocrail
Then i open a second terminal and then in the terminal
cd /opt/rocrail
./rocview

After that i have two terminals, one with messages from rocrail, the other one with messages from rocview. Additional there is the GUI-window from Rocview.

And these three windows is what i like to have via shortcuts on desktop.

Best regards,
Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby mserrano » 16.03.2013, 19:42

Hi Andreas,

The issue with the tar is due to file permissions... I thought it wouldbe simpler this way.

Follow these steps - I have not tried them, but they should work:
1. Open a terminal
2. Create the first shortcut
Code: Select all
cd /home/pi/Desktop/
sudo nano Rocrail.desktop

3. Complete the new file with these lines
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Exec=/opt/rocrail/rocrail.sh
Icon=/opt/rocrail/rocraild.png
Name=Rocrail
Categories=Rocrail;

4.Quit and save (ALT-X)
5. Give permissions
sudo chmod 777 Rocrail.desktop

I would assume your user is "pi" and your Desktop is "Desktop".. othewise, change the directories... some translations also translates the names of the folders...

For the rocview, again:

1. Open a terminal
2. Create the second shortcut
cd /home/pi/Desktop/
sudo nano Rocrview.desktop

3. Complete the new file with these lines
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Exec=/opt/rocrail/rocview.sh %f