Rocrail in the raspberry!

Questions and discussions around compiling of Rocrail, usage of wxWidgets etc.

Moderators: dadolphs, Moderators

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 17.03.2013, 11:04

Hello Manolo !

Thanks for your hints - but i first have some other problems, looking quit bigger.
Yesterday all was okay when i switched off the Raspbi. Today i switched Raspbi on, and Raspbi runs in an error loop - displaying
"cannot execute /sbin/getty" and then after a time
"id x respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes",
where the "x" behind the "id" changes between different numbers.

Has anyone an idea what to do ?

or

Has anyone a complete installation of system and rocrail for download, so that i haven't to do it complete from the beginning ?

Have a nice Sunday !

Best regards,
Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby rjversluis » 18.03.2013, 14:43

If you only want to build the server and all of its libraries the new target "server" can be used:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=bui ... ld_targets

This new target is added in revision 4875.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 18.03.2013, 18:11

Hello Rob !

If it is possible, on MY Raspi Rocrail should work as well as Rocview. I've tested with normal clock - then CPU is 100% working. I've tested with overclocked cpu and the cpu is at 80%, maybe. After i will have repaired my installation on sd-card (crashes cause of incorrect shutdown) i will test it with hardware on an little tast layout,

Is it possible, to do an update of Rocrail / Rocview under Raspi-Wheezy-OS, or general under Linux - or have i to install Rocrail / Rocview completely new after an update ?

Best regards, Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby rjversluis » 18.03.2013, 18:16

Hi Andreas,

yes, you should completely reinstall the server and Rocview because often the data structures are changed. If you only do an update it could crash.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 18.03.2013, 18:37

rjversluis wrote:If you only want to build the server and all of its libraries the new target "server" can be used:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=bui ... ld_targets

This new target is added in revision 4875.

Hi Rob,
i tried this option "make PLATFORM=LINUX server" on my RasPi, version ist 4875 (version.h), but my /opt/rocrail dit not get any changes (the file rocrail is still from mar 02, 2013).
This new way of make looks fine, id need 1/3 of the time making all / fromtar, but how to get the new rocrail-file to /opt/rocrail?

best regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G&H0m, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte/GBM),
Rocrail auf RasPi mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby Liviu M » 18.03.2013, 18:40

make install?
Liviu M

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 18.03.2013, 18:44

Liviu M wrote:make install?

Hi Liviu,
YES YOU ARE RIGHT !
Thanks, I missed the last step !

I have to try again.

best regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G&H0m, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte/GBM),
Rocrail auf RasPi mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.03.2013, 17:32

Hello !

After a "crashs" of my SD-Card (doesn't boot anymore) i bought a new SD-card, downloaded Raspberry Wheezy, and installed it, and wxGTK, and last but not least, Rocrail.
Rocrail starts up like in my crashed installation, but Rocview won't. I add a picture of the terminal with the error-mesage of Rocview. Does anyone have an idea, what could be the mistake i made during installation ?

Thanks for your help !

Best regards, Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby magnus » 22.03.2013, 18:06

Hi,
I think there is missing a package.
One like libwxgtku......

In the moment there is running an update on my raspi, so I cannot look.
I will look soon.

Best regards
Magnus
Gruß
Magnus

Tams MC / Delta Control 6605
ESU Switch Pilot / Tams S88-4
Lok-Decoder: mfx, MM, DCC / C-Gleis
Mageia Linux; Raspi2, andRoc
Anlage im Bau
Lok- und Wagenfotos
magnus

Postby magnus » 22.03.2013, 18:35

no error during make or make install?

Please do als root

Code: Select all
apt-cache policy libwxgtk2.8-0

and show the output
Gruß
Magnus

Anlage im Bau
Lok- und Wagenfotos
magnus

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.03.2013, 18:55

Hello Magnus !

I've seen no error during installation ...

sudo apt-cache policy libwxgtk2.8-0

Result :

libwxgtk2.8-0:
  Installiert : (Keine)
  Installationskandidat : 2.8.12.1-02
  Versionstabelle:
     2.8.12.1-12 0
          500 http://mirrordetector.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy/main armhf Packages

I did the installation using the PDF from "Pirat-Kapitan" - have i forgotten a commandline ? I think, that not ... what to do now ? Have i to install once more from the beginning ?

Best regards, Andreas[/code]
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby magnus » 22.03.2013, 19:00

Hello Andreas,
I will look in pdf from Pirat-Kapitän.

Please make a
apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-0

and try again.
Gruß
Magnus

Anlage im Bau
Lok- und Wagenfotos
magnus

Postby Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.03.2013, 19:07

Hello Magnus !

The PDF of Pirat-Kapitan is ok, i installed the crashed SD-card with it, and it worked til the crash.

Your hint was great, now it works !

Thanks a lot !

Best regards, Andreas
Schweineschnäuzchen

Postby magnus » 22.03.2013, 19:15

Hello Andreas,
fine :D

I think the develepment of the packages for thr Raspi has done some steps forward.
So the packages for wx* are now on board and can be installed directly.
Gruß
Magnus

Anlage im Bau
Lok- und Wagenfotos
magnus

Postby mserrano » 09.04.2013, 20:19

Hey, hey.

After a long period of silence, I am back with some news:

In the last weeks I have been working on a new approach to use the raspberry pi and rocrail: RPIC.

The raspberry and PIC (RPIC) is a very basic electronic circuit to have a multiprotocol central station running in the raspberry pi.

RPIC is basically code running on a Microchip microcontroller (currently a pic16f1825)

The main motivation to produce this firmware has been the failure in making DDX running on the rpi . In the best scenario, the rpi was capable of use ddx through an usb adaptor, consuming a considerable amount of resources in the raspberry.

Thus, and inspired by the MDRRC Digital RailRoad Control by Robert Evers (http://vhaenchen.homepage.t-online.de/mdrrc/mdrrc.html), I decided to develop my own ucontroller central station.

Yes, it is yet another solution for managing model trains. The main difference with other solutions is that rpic is born to be used jointly with rocrail and the raspberry pi. Of course, with the right HW adaptor, it could be used with other platforms, and with the right protocol, it could be also used by other pieces of SW… but for that purposes there are already many available solutions. The objective was to complement the raspberry pi with the minimum pieces of HW to get a full control center.

RPIC works together with a rocpi library that I have prepared for rocrail. There are basically two modes of use: as an auxiliary command station, or as the main command station.

RPIC as auxiliary command stations

The rocpi library can be used as a secondary station to make use of the GPIO port of the raspberry pi. In this case, the ucontroller and max3232 of the schematic, can be removed.

In the current version, what the user will obtain is:

-A led informing the daemon is up and running or not
-A button to reset the daemon (short pulse) or turn off your raspberry pi (pressing the button for more than 4 seconds). Yes.. the idea came from the german forum and the user Helge. The main difference is that I am using the raspberry pi interruptions and the wiring pi library

RPIC as main command stations

The current features included in the firmware are:

-Support for MM1 and MM2 protocol
-Support for NMRA (long and short addresses) – 14,28 and 128 steps
-Support for NMRA accessories (no extended accessories so far)
-Support for writing CV.
There are some other eastern eggs – as the capability to generate MFX messages. The development is not completed and coming features will include:

-Full support to reading and writing cvs, only on the main
-Segregated programing track (PT), with the possibility to run both the trains and send commands to the PT.
-MM accessories, MM1Fx and the special protocols MM3, MM4 and MM5 available in ddx (under demand)
-Capturing of power consumption from ORD-2 and ORD-3 boosters.
-At least complete the research on MFX

As usual I am releasing all the code and updating the manual:

-rpic firmware (and also the compiled file)
-rocpi source code. Just extract the content in your rocrail source code folder and compile.
-rocrail-4981-wheezy-armhf. A compiled version of rocrail with the rocpi library.
-rocrail_save. An example of the rocrail.ini file and the daemon scripts
-Setting up rocpi_v1.5. The updated version of the “book”.

Once I get all features.. or at least the ones related to reading cvs... I will complete the HW and prepare a PCB.

If the rocpi library is of interest, I would like to aks Rob to include it in the main distribution of rocrail. I would be updating it directly on launchpad in such case.

Hoping the contriution to be useful... feedback is always welcome.

Manolo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mserrano

PreviousNext

Return to Building & Compiling