RocwebXS: HTML5 Throttle only

All about the Rocrail WEB solution.

Re: RocwebXS: HTML5 Throttle only

Postby rvooyen » 23.06.2016, 21:03

Hi,

I have tested with the new rocweb.js.
Seems a little quicker but on changing locs the initialization (eg before loc will work) is about 10-15 seconds. Since the commands are memorized a user has to be careful or the loc will race off. I usually try the direction reverse until I see the lights changing only then do I send speeds.
Up/down buttons are a must, very difficult to control loc with slide - makes shunting look unreal (banging into cars etc).

Tested on a number of platforms and browsers.

Alcatel (Jelly bean)/chrome. I have an older Alcatel smartphone that runs (older) Chrome. It is the only platform that sizes the display correctly and shows the loco list (Diesel/Electric) and so works.

I have tried my Samsung Ace3 (Android 4.2.2) with both Firefox and Chrome. Neither allows me to select a loco since only "Loco list" is shown and if I touch this it disappears. On the Firefox the buttons are very wide and do not fit (They seem to be only for landscape mode). On the Chrome the buttons are correct in size but the text inside F1 etc is so small it is impossible to see.

I have a Tablet running 4.2.2 with both Firefox and Chrome. Same as above - buttons very wide and only loco list will pop up so loc selection not possible.

Hope this info helps.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rvooyen » 23.06.2016, 21:20

PS to previous message:

On the smartphones and tablet mentioned, Rocweb itself works fine and the throttles and loc selection also.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 06:17

Hi Robert,
thanks for testin.
rvooyen wrote:Seems a little quicker but on changing locs the initialization (eg before loc will work) is about 10-15 seconds. Since the commands are memorized a user has to be careful or the loc will race off.

But I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Also there are no exceptions thrown at or after the loco selection...
I guess that the browsers are using the old rocweb.js; You must force a refresh.
RocwebXS is not for tablets, use Rocweb, but for small devices.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 06:55

Hi Robert,

you are right; The scaling in Firefox is bad.
I must find the right viewport parameter for XS.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 07:07

Hi,

I made some improvements. Just test the attached rocweb.js.
Now it looks good with Firefox.
For the speed buttons I will add an URL option...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby agre30 » 24.06.2016, 08:29

Hi Rob,

what do I need to use RocwebXS? I installed the nightly build of 24-06-2016. Rocweb works fine but when I add the 8088/xs extension, nothing happens, there is only a white screen.

Albert.
Albert,
Märklin 3-rail
Lubuntu 16.04 (server and client) / TamsMC - Booster B-2 / HSI88 / S88N
Stoom / steam / dampf / diesel / E-loc
agre30

Postby rvooyen » 24.06.2016, 08:40

Albert,

It is the same as for rocweb, but with /throttle.html at the end.

So adresserver:portnumber/throttle.html

Ŕobert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 08:45

Hi,

for the nightly build you must use throttle.html.
For the next build you can use xs: (11.249+)
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=roc ... n#rocwebxs
Also the initialisation of the last selected loco is fixed and the option to use the speed buttons is added.
I will trigger the nightly build again.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rvooyen » 24.06.2016, 09:23

I tried the new js.

Chrome:
On Chrome seems to be working on both my Androids (Jelly Bean and 4.2.2), also locolist.
Initialization on first loc or switching between locs is now even longer 20-30 secs.

Firefox:
Firefox keys still too large (wide). (Landscape mode only?)
Also in Firefox the loco list will not show, so cannot test further.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 10:07

Hi Robert,

you can try the newly builded snapshot from here:
http://rocrail.net/software/rocrail-snapshot/
At the server side there are also some changes concerning Rocweb(XS).
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 24.06.2016, 10:15

Hi Robert,
rvooyen wrote:Firefox keys still too large (wide). (Landscape mode only?)
Also in Firefox the loco list will not show, so cannot test further.

you must clear the WEB data for the Rocweb Site in Firefox because it uses the old version of rocweb.js.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby RedTrain » 24.06.2016, 11:08

Hi Robert

I do not experience delays when switching throttles.
Each loco must be selected and initialized once. After that, I can switch throttles and the selected loco responds with no delay.
Beste Grüsse kind regards, Carlo

[H0m 2L DCC] Layout "Rhaetian Flyer" Proto-Freelance Swiss meter gauge RhB+MGB+zB; 7% completed, stage 1 operational
W10-64, WLANmaus, Rocweb, andRoc; CANbus GC1e, GC3-ORD3, GC2, GC6; Bemo, Peco, handlaid;
RedTrain

Postby rvooyen » 24.06.2016, 11:32

Tested 11249 with XS.

I cleared the cache and stopped both browsers.

Firefox:
Buttons OK, Operation OK, Speed buttons OK, look and feel is almost the same as andRoc so CHECK!
No real issues in Firefox.

Chrome:
Buttons OK, Operation OK but initialization first time is slow (20-30 secs). Perhaps Chrome retains something old?
Other than initialise all CHECK.

Feature for future (to replace andRoc):
The LONG press on the Loco (or similar to andRoc) to bring up the auto, destination etc menu for the loc.

One SIDE? Issue:
When using rocwebXS I am getting some spurious sensor feedback changes, relating to actions.
I have a number of auto/manual turnouts. The manual operation uses sensor feedbacks from switches.
I am occasionally hearing one of these switches go to a new state then immediately back to the correct state, As if the manual switch was operated up/down again. Also a crossing is activated then deactivated.
This only happens when using XS.

Trace attached.

Nice job.

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rvooyen on 24.06.2016, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby RedTrain » 24.06.2016, 11:45

Hi all

11.249 - Speedbuttons work fine in my setup. :thumb_up: I just realized, that they are in fact great for shunting - thx Robert :wink:

I don't know if this is proper usage and maybe I get a beat-up from Rob...
But I can start XS twice full screen from desktop on the handy: Once with speed slider and once with speed buttons. After selecting the desired locos in one app, I can for instance switch modes with the same loco by simply selecting the desired app. The 2nd app picks up the active loco throttles from the 1st app and the apps sync continuously. Kind of neat. :)
Beste Grüsse kind regards, Carlo

[H0m 2L DCC] Layout "Rhaetian Flyer" Proto-Freelance Swiss meter gauge RhB+MGB+zB; 7% completed, stage 1 operational
W10-64, WLANmaus, Rocweb, andRoc; CANbus GC1e, GC3-ORD3, GC2, GC6; Bemo, Peco, handlaid;
RedTrain

Postby agre30 » 24.06.2016, 14:26

Thanks for the answers concerning /xs or /throttle. It works.

Rob did it again :thumb_up:
Thanks
Albert.
Albert,
Märklin 3-rail
Lubuntu 16.04 (server and client) / TamsMC - Booster B-2 / HSI88 / S88N
Stoom / steam / dampf / diesel / E-loc
agre30

PreviousNext

Return to Rocweb