Manual direction change sets speed to zero

All about the Rocrail WEB solution.
Bramshot

Manual direction change sets speed to zero

Post by Bramshot » 02.03.2017, 14:22

Hi

I have now started to use Rocweb, very impressed with it, but if I want to change direction of the loco to quickly 'jog' back and forth over a magnetic decoupling magnet, I find that I can't as the speed sets to zero when the direction is changed. Can this be altered so that the set speed remains constant when direction is changed?

Regards
Tim

rvooyen

Re: Manual direction change sets speed to zero

Post by rvooyen » 02.03.2017, 15:16

Just my opinion:

I think most of us want the loc to go to zero before changing direction as this is more realistic and less load on the motor.
I have a CS that allows change of dir at any speed and this really yanks the loc - not good.

Most info I have seen eg on youtube and fora is to require the loc to go to zero before changing dir. If you use the 1->>-1 buttons you can get pretty close to what you want.
So 1 speed (Vmin) then hit the dir change button <</>> then hit the 1 speed again. No need to ramp up the speed.

I use this combo when shunting/switching.

Robert

Bramshot

Post by Bramshot » 03.03.2017, 00:19

Hi Robert
I agree that would be most undesirable, but I use the acceleration and deceleration ramps in the decoder, so that the motor does not instantly reverse direction, but gently decreases to zero then reverses as you describe. I had assumed that everyone would be doing this. If the speed is set slow (say 1 or 2 ) the loco just nudges back and forth.

Best regards

Tim

PS, about to go on holiday, so prob not replying to other response for a couple of weeks!

Bramshot

Post by Bramshot » 17.03.2017, 16:00

I should clarify perhaps that I am using the 'reduced' Rocweb interface on an iPhone for the loco throttle. That does not have a direction changing button, except if you click on the speed indication, unless I missed it somehow. I was only asking for the same functionality as the throttles in the main Rockview programme.

Return to “Rocweb”