Manual direction change sets speed to zero

All about the Rocrail WEB solution.

Manual direction change sets speed to zero

Postby Bramshot » 02.03.2017, 14:22

Hi

I have now started to use Rocweb, very impressed with it, but if I want to change direction of the loco to quickly 'jog' back and forth over a magnetic decoupling magnet, I find that I can't as the speed sets to zero when the direction is changed. Can this be altered so that the set speed remains constant when direction is changed?

Regards
Tim
Mac Mini running Rocrail 14091 on Sierra, Bachmann Dynamis Ultima control system, manual control of locos and points under construction via Rocrail.
Bramshot

Re: Manual direction change sets speed to zero

Postby rvooyen » 02.03.2017, 15:16

Just my opinion:

I think most of us want the loc to go to zero before changing direction as this is more realistic and less load on the motor.
I have a CS that allows change of dir at any speed and this really yanks the loc - not good.

Most info I have seen eg on youtube and fora is to require the loc to go to zero before changing dir. If you use the 1->>-1 buttons you can get pretty close to what you want.
So 1 speed (Vmin) then hit the dir change button <</>> then hit the 1 speed again. No need to ramp up the speed.

I use this combo when shunting/switching.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby Bramshot » 03.03.2017, 00:19

Hi Robert
I agree that would be most undesirable, but I use the acceleration and deceleration ramps in the decoder, so that the motor does not instantly reverse direction, but gently decreases to zero then reverses as you describe. I had assumed that everyone would be doing this. If the speed is set slow (say 1 or 2 ) the loco just nudges back and forth.

Best regards

Tim

PS, about to go on holiday, so prob not replying to other response for a couple of weeks!
Mac Mini running Rocrail 14091 on Sierra, Bachmann Dynamis Ultima control system, manual control of locos and points under construction via Rocrail.
Bramshot

Postby Bramshot » 17.03.2017, 16:00

I should clarify perhaps that I am using the 'reduced' Rocweb interface on an iPhone for the loco throttle. That does not have a direction changing button, except if you click on the speed indication, unless I missed it somehow. I was only asking for the same functionality as the throttles in the main Rockview programme.
Bramshot

Return to Rocweb