Burned Signal coil part 2 Topic is solved

rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: Burned Signal coil part 2

Post by rjversluis » 11.11.2015, 07:40

Hi,

if you are using the LocoNet Protocol the IB-II does not use the switch timing set in the IB-II.
The IB-II do not support p50x.

So the signal "asswitch" option also needs a switchtime... I will check this.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 11.11.2015, 08:06

Hi Martin,

I added switch time for signals "as switch": (revision 10128+)
Attachments
signal-int-en.png
signal-int-en.png (116.26 KiB) Viewed 200 times

fnielsen

Post by fnielsen » 22.11.2015, 14:51

Ok Perfect.
Had a lot of work the last couple of days so i will test asap and come back with the result

Thank you

martin

fbpetersen

Post by fbpetersen » 23.11.2015, 19:59

Hi Martin

I don’t have seen any burned coils, but I think I see the problem all the time. I also use an Intellibox II. This may sound a little cryptic, but this is because the decoders I use (Viessmann 5212) has built-in timeout, and I think it is that, that save me. I have not thought about it before I read your question, only why the signal is active for so long (about 2s). After reading more about it here and on the wiki, I think there is a little to many Switch time properties around the system. I may have misunderstood the switch timeout in the Rocrail properties under automation. I thought it was the switch on time, but it looks not to be. After reading your post I tried to change the min. and max. On time on the controller, but didn’t see any effect. As Rob also write: when using LocoNet protocol, these values have no effect, it looks to be right, but it doesn’t match the description on the wiki. It is also actually written for an Intellibox I, but is referenced from the Intellibox II describtion.
At the Interface tab on the Switch properties I found yet another Switch time. I don’t know if it has been there all the time, or I just had ignored it until now, but this switch time looks to have an effect. It is now also added to the Signal property can I see from Robs post. I don’t use coils for signals. The signal I have is light signals controlled through a Uhlenbrock 63410 direct on Loconet.
To be safe, the best is to use decoders with build-in timeout, but I understand that you don’t like to by new decoders only for this

Hilsen
Finn

Besra

Post by Besra » 24.11.2015, 10:00

[...] I tried to change the min. and max. On time on the controller, but didn’t see any effect. As Rob also write: when using LocoNet protocol, these values have no effect, it looks to be right, but it doesn’t match the description on the wiki. It is also actually written for an Intellibox I, but is referenced from the Intellibox II describtion.
Hi Finn,

thanks for testing this! I will add a remark to the wiki description stating that min. / max. switch times have no effect using the IB II (with IB 1 it works as described).

Best regards
Besra

fnielsen

Post by fnielsen » 29.11.2015, 15:59

Hi Everyone
Thank you for all your answers. Sorry for my late response by a lot of work..... :?

I've made a little video that i hope shows what happens. I have tryed to add some switchtime according to the revision Mr. Rob wrote in an answer, but for me it didnt do the trick.. Sorry about that.

Yes i could just buy (or build) other k83 and K84, but with other programs the problem is not there, and i really enjoy Rocrail and i would like to continue with that, and if it possibly to solve it - then why not :D

You can watch my video here
https://youtu.be/MEs2USCeqQ8

Yes its low quality and it will be removed soon.

Btw Heavy Storm is comming up tonight

Regards Martin

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 29.11.2015, 16:17

Hi Martin ,

maybe you should post your plan.xml and rocrail.ini instead of a vid.
If you configure the signals as switch it will send an off command if you set a timeout value.
But if the connection between Rocrail and your CS and your super K83 broke in between you can have a Xmas fire again on your layout. The decoder is responsible for saving your signal coils; Not the software on top.

Use a sniffer to check what other programs are magically doing to save your K83 signals and report it here if you like.

fnielsen

Post by fnielsen » 29.11.2015, 16:23

Ok
i will do that and let us stop this threat now

Thank y
martin

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 29.11.2015, 16:30

fnielsen wrote: