Thanks for all the help on this problem. My Locobuffer USB arrived today. I tested it with 1.3 and it seems to be working fine with the new interface. I will retire the ms100.rjversluis wrote:Hi,
the ms100 I never tested, and I do not think an older Rocrail release will help you.
It seems that the incoming packets are lost between MS100 and Rocrail.
I would no one advise to use this interface, better use a LocoBuffer which will work very good.
There is also a DIY Locobuffer.
But I also saw in the trace that it was not possible to set the DTR signal which could be the cause of the problem: RS232 does not signal to MS100 that it is ready to receive data.
If someone can lent me a MS100 a will have a look at this problem...
I will also in the next week or two try to make the switch to Linux. I have Installed Linux Mint 8 on one desktop and like it. I will try to put it on my train computer next and try it with (Locobuffer/1.3 and JMRI)