Distant Signals in Automatic Mode Topic is solved

Besra

Re: Distant Signals in Automatic Mode

Post by Besra » 27.02.2019, 08:45

Hi Peter,

it's a type mismatch of your signals. The main signal SG09W is 2 aspects, the distant signal VR09WB is 3 aspects. Set them equally if VR09WB is the distant signal for SG09W.

Anyway, from what you described earlier, I thought VR09WB is mounted on the mast of SG09W? Otherwise dark mode makes absolutely no sense. In this case VR09WB is the distant signal for block 16 and the symbol, for logical reasons, should be placed on the left side of block 09. You can find a configuration example for main / distant signal combinations in the wiki (the link I posted or Tom's translation here :mrgreen: ).

Regards
Besra

KPeter

Post by KPeter » 27.02.2019, 15:23

Ahh I see. I never thought about this mismatch. Thank you Besra.

The distant signal VR09WB is actually mounted on the mast of the previous block's main signal SG06N. Therefore, my comments of temporarily disabling the dark mode of that signal in order to see the aspect changes of VR09WB.

I know I have to do something more complicated for VR09WB by relocating it back into the - side of Block 06 and then somehow configuring it so that it serves for both the signals in Block 09 and Block 10. However, I wanted to get it to function first as a simple distant signal before I tackled the more complicated setup.

Regarding your comment about posting on the German forum, unfortunately my written German is not that good to do that.

Peter

Besra

Post by Besra » 27.02.2019, 17:26

Hi Peter,
The distant signal VR09WB is actually mounted on the mast of the previous block's main signal SG06N
OK, I may have missed that in your previous postings.
However, I wanted to get it to function first as a simple distant signal
Ah, I see. It confused me a bit. You probably simply have forgotten about the different aspect settings after - virtually - moving the signal. All OK and I think clear now.
Regarding your comment about posting on the German forum, unfortunately my written German is not that good to do that.
No problem; Your German sounded OK to me :)

Have fun!
Regards
Bernd

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 27.02.2019, 17:31

Hi Peter,
I know I have to do something more complicated for VR09WB by relocating it back into the - side of Block 06 and then somehow configuring it so that it serves for both the signals in Block 09 and Block 10. However, I wanted to get it to function first as a simple distant signal before I tackled the more complicated setup.
To solve this issue follow the tutorial here: https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=si ... nkeltasten

Unfortunately in german language only available.
Google Translator or similar may be helpful, here some examples directly translated with Google (looks correct for me):
Solution for the common pre-signal at the entrance
A special solution requires the entrance side of the station with a pre-signal and 3 main signals. This special arrangement can not be reproduced in Rocrail without action.
1. The common pre-signal is not to be entered in the three outgoing routes of the station tracks, see route signal commands in the table above.
2. In the three driveways from BlockC to Track1 - Track3, an action is to be included which calls the script for setting the advance signal A_input:
4. The XML script called by this action checks the status of the main signal in the target block of the current route and sets the advance signal to the same term of the main signal.
The main signal must conform to the naming convention "A_Blockname"
The warning signal must be called V_Einfahrt (or it will be adjusted accordingly in the script)

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 03.03.2019, 19:57

Hi Bernd (Besra) and Peter,

I "finally" translated the dimming of the distant signals in English.
Be so kind and fix anything out of the order. I decided to leave the scripts as they were, except translating the text for the traces.

Tom

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 03.03.2019, 20:24

Hi Tom,

please give us a link to your translation work...

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 03.03.2019, 21:40

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 03.03.2019, 22:31

Hi Tom,

thank you for the translation work. Some thoughts after a first look on it:

1. I think "dimming" is not the right term, "blank" should be the right one from my point of view .. because "dim" allows any brightness between max and min.
2. The " highlighting of the combined signals" in the plan screenshot is lost. In my plan-screnshot i made a red frame around this signals...

I did not read yet any line but the rest seems to be good.

KPeter

Post by KPeter » 04.03.2019, 02:23

Gentlemen, this is very interesting and helpful information to have this in English. However, the screen shots, especially for the Action Commands do not resemble the current "Action control: System" screens. Some of the settings in your examples are not even available, unless of course I am looking at the wrong tables. I am assuming I have to set up something in State or Sub-state, but Locked is not an option.

Is there a possibility of providing a simple example of a common distant signal mounted on a common mast with an exit signal, leading to 2 routes each having a block signal, using the new Action control screens? This would be as an example from my previous submission having the distant signal properly located in Block 06 and displaying for either Block 09 or Block 10 main signal aspect.

Thank you
Peter

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 04.03.2019, 11:30

Hi Peter,

I made the changes, as requested.
After living in the states for 43 years and reading model railroad stuff, I have never heard of "blanking" of a signal.

Tom

RainerK

Post by RainerK » 04.03.2019, 13:05

Hi together,

i'm not really sure, but in my opinion is "fade out" or "outfaded" in this case the right naming.

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 04.03.2019, 13:18

Hi Rainer,
fade out
:thumb_up: :thumb_up:

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 04.03.2019, 13:36

Hi,

Google Translator does not help: [DE] Dunkeltasten = [EN] dark keys :D :D :D

"Fade out" i know usually at the end of a song, if there is no idea for a other final.

In fact, the distant signal on the same mas shows nothing when the main signal is red and the state will change immediately, no dimming, no fading.
The expression "blank" is already used in this context in the Rocrail Wiki, why not stay with this?

Another proposal: "Hide" oder "hidden" may be convenient? Because the signalization of the distant signal is hidden when main signal is red ....

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 04.03.2019, 13:45

Hi Peter,

Fade out = ausblenden according to Google translate.

RainerK

Post by RainerK » 04.03.2019, 14:23

Hi Peter,

the term "fade" has no defined rise and fall time
and so it is also valid in cases of direct "on" and "off".
This say my knowledge from many professional technical manuals.
The wiki usual "blank" is also possible but in general not so often in use.

Return to “Signal Systems”