Moving trains up a storage yard

RAFHAAA96

Moving trains up a storage yard

Post by RAFHAAA96 » 07.03.2019, 15:13

I have browsed the forum as I thought this had been discussed a long ago, but found nothing similar, nor can I find auto storage yards in the manual.

In a new plan I would like to have a multi-track storage yard with room in each track for say at least three trains. The requirement is to automatically move all trains along the queue as the lead train pulls out.

My initial thoughts are that for economy I could use a string of blocks with a dual use sensor in between blocks. Dual use in that acts both as OUT for one block and IN for the next block. I read that you cannot have a single common sensor for multiple blocks like entry/exit to a fan of storage yard tracks, but is it permissible to dual use a sensor like this. I.e. a typical 3 block trackplan would show S1IN - Block 1 - S1OUT/S2IN - Block 2 - S2OUT/S3IN - Block 3 - S3OUT.

This would be repeated for other tracks in the storage yard. The rest of the trackplan would follow normal rules with trains despatched down route either to schedule or using manual start methods. Then I need to work out the return from route to an empty storage slot, but that is for later.

No files to attach as this is all future planning for now.
Thanks Rob

rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: Moving trains up a storage yard

Post by rjversluis » 07.03.2019, 15:15

Hi Rob,

maybe this is what you are looking for:
https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=stage-en

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 07.03.2019, 15:51

Hi Rob,

Maybe this can help too.
https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=mi ... alfbscript

Use Google translate, if needed, for English.

RAFHAAA96

Post by RAFHAAA96 » 07.03.2019, 19:54

That looks to be exactly what I need Rob

I haven’t translated smitt48’s page yet to fully understand it but it looks as if I could replace each of those track blocks 2-6 with the intent of that in Robs staging page method.

All my stuff is in deep sea transit for a few more weeks so I have to rely upon reading about how to do it instead of doing it.

Thanks for the help
Rob

peter&basti

Post by peter&basti » 07.03.2019, 20:21

Hi Rob,
All my stuff is in deep sea transit for a few more weeks so I have to rely upon reading about how to do it instead of doing it.
Not only reading, in the meanwhile you can work on your plan and test in virtual mode (i assume your PC is not on sea :wink: )

RAFHAAA96

Post by RAFHAAA96 » 07.03.2019, 23:13

It certainly is Peter - all I have is my iPad to play with and a PAYG MiFi for internet access when I can get a signal.
The joys of moving house between countries.

Return to “Automatic mode”