Kato crossover

Moderator: dadolphs

rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: Kato crossover

Post by rjversluis » 24.12.2018, 14:46

Hi,

with the following example, and the virtual command station, you can click on any of the four switches to update them all in the view.
No need for actions.
But you did not answer Lothars Q: "Which CS are you using?".
Some CSses does not notify of a switch command, so its not possible to sync all switches with the same address.

And I do not think that this issue has something todo with KATO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Suzdal

Post by Suzdal » 25.12.2018, 23:19

Tom,

To answer Lothar's question, my command station is a Digikeijs dr5000 connected to a switch controller dr4018. My apologies for not answering sooner.

That latest post of plan.xml works. I just got home from Christmas with family. I am (and was) convinced that I made some sort of error in my definitions. I'll look closely at yours tomorrow to try and see where I went wrong.

Will start to connect things up to my command station tomorrow.

Question: is there any way to flip the colors of the central crossover when the 4 turnout switches indicate that it will be used.

Thanks for all your help & patience. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Richard.

4527pink

Post by 4527pink » 20.03.2019, 08:27

One thing , like to ask , seen the xml plan and download , and put in to rocrail and works ,
When i setup a nother pair of sw 3 sw 4 switches , in the action i can get the screen to open but i can not get get access to setup sw3 or sw4
Same as T1 T2 , how do you get access to this setup i see the add button but nothing happens
Needing some advice on how to,
Andrew,

cds

Post by cds » 20.03.2019, 08:31

Hello Andrew,

please provide an issue.

Suzdal

Post by Suzdal » 20.03.2019, 09:26

Tom or anybody,

The operations as indicated in this thread, as indicated in the "plan" work perfectly.
Question: is there any way to flip the colors of the central crossover when the 4 turnout switches indicate that it will be used.
Richard

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 20.03.2019, 11:36

Hi Richard,

If you used "raster" it would show, on a crossing it won't because there is no differentiation between the 2 legs.

https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sw ... gen#raster

Tom

4527pink

Post by 4527pink » 20.03.2019, 12:59

Hi Tom
Thanks too both for help , i shall try raster
Tom with the first plan it worked with T1 and T2 , when i tried to add the extra points ,
thats when i ran into problems with action ,not showing
Andrew,

Suzdal

Post by Suzdal » 21.03.2019, 10:57

Tom,,

Including "plan" that uses raster & non raster configuration.

Aesthetically my preference would be the non-raster configuration if I could get the crossover to switch. Reading between the lines in your response, that doesn't seem possible. I'll probably go with the raster configuration.

Thank you. -o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 21.03.2019, 11:22

Hi Richard,

Looks good, I changed the SVG to Slim-Color, just to see what it looks like.

Tom
hosentraeger3.PNG

Suzdal

Post by Suzdal » 21.03.2019, 14:58

Tom,

Live & learn :rr_cap:

I think I like your solution better using the cx's with slim-color. I'll play around with it for a while, it does look nice and seems easy to follow. Took me a few minutes to learn how to turn it on. :coding:

There is a lot to learn with RR, but I like it. I just sent in yesterday my contribution for key support. My Siamese cat likes it also, she chases the mouse on my monitor.

Now I can relax with some good :coffee:

I see that you're 12° from the equator, I used to live at 6°. We used to wake up in the morning with a temperature of 35°C & 98% humidity. Hope you have trade winds.

Thanks,

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 21.03.2019, 16:58

Hi Richard,

I like Slim-Color it looks very clean and not busy.
(Yes, we have trade winds! Normally 25+ degrees C in the morning then 30/31 in the afternoon. In the summer a little warmer.)

Tom

4527pink

Post by 4527pink » 22.03.2019, 05:15

[attachment=1]test-1.xml
Hi Tom and Richard ,
problem ,
i have windows 10 laptop , and a windows 7 laptop ,
Win 10 is the main display , win 7 was the add on ,or clone,
So i uninstalled rocrail from both laptops an all there files linked to rocrail , and reinstalled on both with a completely new install , i have used your plan file Tom for both laptops , running separate from each other at the moment.
Windows 7 is working , great no problems, at all
Back over to Windows 10 , problem is not showing the switching diagram , for the points, only cx1 displayed the cross,
Just been studding, would i need to run the Analyser,to get it to work with win 10
Andrew,

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 22.03.2019, 11:36

Hi Andrew,

No need to run the analyser, there are no blocks, so no routes will be created.
You might want to check your Rocview-svg settings.
rocview-svg.PNG
Check with the ... at the end to see if your svg's were downloaded. If not insure you set the mark before the download.

Tom

Suzdal

Post by Suzdal » 22.03.2019, 11:57

Andrew,

My computer setup is perhaps more complicated then yours, but I've done a few things to make my life easier.

I have a total of three computer involved, 2 in Paris & 1 in Normandy. In Paris I have a small test track, a straight track with a passing siding and two switches (4 blocks), my main work station plus a laptop which I use while traveling. In Normandy I have my main rail set up, including my Kato crossover and a laptop dedicated to the rail network.

All three computers are under Win10. Why?

Because Win7 (which I prefer) has a slightly different file structure then Win7; this can complicate things. Especially since RR now demands that it be setup under "C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Programs\Rocrail".

This is a mistake, programs should be separated from user directories! Furthermore Windows compounds this mistake by placing the user directories in the same partition as the system directories "C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Rocrail ".

I would strongly suggest that you put your computers under the same OS & move your user directory to another partition; mine are under "D:\ud\Rocrail\TrainOperations\xxxx" The directories "xxxx" contain one track plan (or workspace) each.
--------------------------
I use my workstation as my main computer in Paris, my Paris laptop is connected to my test track. I can synchronize my files between those two computers. When I go out to Normandy, next weekend, I bring my Paris laptop there and synchronize my file between my laptop and the dedicated computer in Normandy.

The synchronization operation takes about 15 seconds. I use a bit of software called "Synchronize It! (https://www.grigsoft.com/wndsync.htm)".

This way all my files are kept straight, including the "ini" & backup files.

My major problem know is to define the blocks on my small Paris test track, with 1 sensor each. The four blocks (and sensors) need 12 feeders, 8 for the blocks, 4 for the two switches. This seems a bit much, but I can't figure out how to do it in less. This doesn't count the 2 command circuits for the 2 switches. :crying:

Richard (in Paris for another week)

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 22.03.2019, 12:30

Hi Richard,

My setup is simpler C:\Rocrail for the program and my layout.
For testing of other users C:\download\test\userx.
For testing I download a plan, create a folder (if needed) in C:\download\test\userx and copy it.
The test library uses the same program from C:\Rocrail.
testlib.PNG
Tom

Return to “Basic topics”