[Solved] BLOCKS & RAILCOM Sensors

All issues about RailCom

[Solved] BLOCKS & RAILCOM Sensors

Postby mgxtreme » 07.04.2018, 16:42

Hello fellow RocRail enthusiasts

I have a Digikeijs DR5000 with 2 DR5088RC (Railcom) sensor modules all connected via LocoNet all connected via TCP to my Windows 10 computer

I have a block defined on my track plan and also a sensor set to the DR5000 command station with the associated ports.

Basic question first:

I am right in thinking that if sensors are working and configured correctly that when I loco enters the block area, thus the area linked to port 1 on my DR5088RC would is display the loco address in the block in place of where it normally states the block name?

I should point out I am operating my layout in manual dispatch mode with no automation yet (that is the ultimate goal)

Regards

Rob
Last edited by mgxtreme on 16.04.2018, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Re: BLOCKS & RAILCOM Sensors

Postby rjversluis » 08.04.2018, 05:46

Hi Rob,

you can check this with the sensor monitor:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sensormon-en

For more information on BiDi:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sen ... ctional-en
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mgxtreme » 08.04.2018, 09:30

Thank Rob.

I am struggling a little to be honest.

The sensor monitor appears to be showing all the 32 sensors address from my two DR5088RC modules which are connected to my DR5000 via the loconet cables and the LocoNet T Port on the Dr5000, but the sensor screen never seems to show any value in the code column for a block/sensor where a loco is present and I am guessing this is why the block is not showing the loco address/image.

I did search the forum and found a thread on DR5088 but it was not in English and although I used some of the on-line translation sites it was difficult to follow the thread and I am not sure the issue was the same as I am experiencing.

I am not sure if I have configured the sensor and blocks right in RocRail and have attached a zip of the test workspace I have using to learn how to setup RocRail and also I have attached a screen shot of the sensor monitor which to me looks like it is seeing all the sensor addresses.

Regards

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby rjversluis » 08.04.2018, 09:45

Hi Rob,

the sensor monitor can only show wat is reported.
The sensor type in Rocrail should be set to default: "Sensor".

I also have a DR5088RC for testing, and it reports the loco decoder addresses without any configuration.

Make sure Rocrail is updated to the latest available build.

And make sure the RailCom is activated in the DR5000.
I did test with a Z21 and DR5088RC. A test with a DR5000 did not show the RailCom addresses...

I asked it in the German Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=15640#p169235
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby morenji » 08.04.2018, 15:20

Hello, I tested my brother's DR5000 with my DR5088RC and I have the railcom address. Rocrail build 13797
sensori dr5000.JPG

I connect DR5000 via USB, Loconet protocol, these are my settings
setting centrale.JPG

DR5000 has firmware 1.4.4. I remember that DR5000 was preconfigured with one 16 input module ext88, so reset to 0 if your DR5088RC has default feedback address (1-16)
ext88.JPG

Moreno
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
morenji

Postby mgxtreme » 08.04.2018, 19:24

Hi Moreno

Great many thanks for the suggestions.

I have changed those settings but still no joy. This is so frustrating as it feels like I am so close to getting this to work, I am just being too stupid to set it up right.

Would you mind confirming if I have the right settings on my DR5088RC. I have attached a number of screenshots.

Thanks Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby morenji » 09.04.2018, 08:09

Hello Rob, I remember I had the options "Report App: Dyn Speed, Report App: Dyn Quality of Service, Report App: Dyn Containers" enabled (but I'm not sure are needed). Others settings seem good (but I can't check now).
To be sure, Is Railcom enabled on your DR5000? Is railcom enabled on your decoder (bit 3 in CV29 must be active)? Have you setup Rocrail (see DR5088RC manual paragraph 5.3, but take care that the english version has wrong screenshot, looks the german version)?

Moreno
morenji

Postby mgxtreme » 09.04.2018, 08:31

Hi Moreno

Thanks for checking I am away with work now for a 3 days but will check when I am back home later this week.

May aim is to document all this excellent intelligence and knowledge into one single document once its working and post on here for all to download, so its a single point of reference.

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby mgxtreme » 14.04.2018, 16:30

Hi Moreno

Fantastic, excellent, THANK YOU :beer:

I have my locos now reporting ID back.

Just need to get my second DR5088RC working in the same way and we are good to go.

Rob - Will document as per I did for the OC32 and post the document here for you to put where ever you see best

Thanks again both and I really appreciate all your help and support

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Re: [Solved] BLOCKS & RAILCOM Sensors

Postby mgxtreme » 21.04.2018, 16:27

Rob

As promised I have documented the settings from my layout along with the extremely useful information shared by Moreno.

I have tried to attach both a PDF and the original Word document but the PDF is too large for the current settings of forum for me to upload and the forum does not allow Docx files.

If you let me know a suitable email address I can send the documents to I will happily email them over and if the documents are suitable you can post them on the site wherever you thing would be of most value with my pleasure, or just delete them if they are rubbish :D :D :D

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby rjversluis » 21.04.2018, 16:37

Hi,

try to ZIP it.
But if the files are really large, for such a small issue, I will not publish it in the Wiki.

- Downscale images before inserting them in a M$ document.
- Try to use to create a Doku Wiki page...
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mgxtreme » 21.04.2018, 16:59

PDF is now down to just over 1MB but compressed in ZIP is less than 1MB see attached

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby apemberton » 01.05.2018, 22:19

Thank you very much for your work here. This is just the information I have been looking for. I admit to floundering here!

Perhaps Digikeijs could add your work to their documentation?
N-Scale, DR5000 and Periphs, Zimo MX1EC and periphs,
Qdecoder OstEuropa for SZD signals (pending)
Rock64 4GB Armbian Rocrail Server
Fictional location, Great Patriotic War era.
apemberton

Postby mgxtreme » 05.06.2018, 16:40

[EXTRA INFO]

Having purchased as second sensor module I struggled for a while to get this working to, but have finally managed to get it up and running. This is the extra info which you need in addition to document posted earlier in this thread.

Configure your additional decoder modules with unique module address.

Configure the sensor ports on the additional modules to start from a number one higher than the previous decoder module's last port number.

Connect your modules in series with the supplied cable

In RocRail your address the additional modules via the original module address number (minus one, eg: If module has been setup as 1 in the Digikeijs software, Rocrail sees this as address zero) and then the port numbers as you specified in your modules (eg: if you set the second module ports to start at 40 in RocRail this would be seen as Address = 0 and port 40)

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Return to RailCom